FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cabelas coming to Cheektowaga  (Read 15488 times)

pete/ny

Re: Cabelas coming to Cheektowaga
« Reply #45 on: Jun 06, 2013, 03:58 PM »

I forgot about Toronto to the north....   makes sense now.... 
   There is a hugh Bass Pro just Past Toronto.Now Bass Pro is building another hugh Store right across the Lewiston Bridge in Niagara On The Lake.This may be why Cabelas has decided to build an hour away.No matter what you build or where near the Border, The Canadians find it.Here in Niagara Falls you can't even shop in your own Stores on a weekend as the Canadians  just trash the store aisles and the parking Lots and across the Bridge they go.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #46 on: Jun 06, 2013, 04:35 PM »
I hope it's like that RG, but do you think the stated 100,000 square footprint they intend on utilizing is big enough for a store of that magnitude?

As for LL Bean I've never bought anything from them....I think they are a Little to ritzy for this simple man.

And yes, by ALL MEANS , GREAT for the local economy!
I don't know if it's big enough for the likes of the Dundee location. I can only hope so. As for LL Bean, I buy from them from time to time. I use their wading boots and breathable waders...bought some clothes for my Bride there...have a pair of their shoes and the most comfortable sheepskin slippers in the world (a gift from my Bride). I find the stuff I buy is reasonable in price, high in quality and their unconditional lifetime warranty is my kind of stuff ;D. I'm what you call "frugal" by nature. I'll wait to buy quality rather than settling for less.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bailey63

« Reply #47 on: Jun 06, 2013, 05:58 PM »
I am not not sure how to word this where it's not taken wrong by some of you but, here goes. Now some of you are bashing Canadians as slobs trashing local US businesses parking lots and even stores. Well in all my trips to canada I've noticed it's pretty clean over there, road sides, stores, no plastic bags stuck in every other tree also even parking lots are clean. Sorry to say about the dirtiest thing I've found in canada was at the ballet but that's a different story and many would agree a very likable thing LOL. Especially 25 yrs ago when a trip across border for a drunken weekend was all the rage at 19 yrs old. I know many of you agree on that one. LOL.
Fishing WNY on "facebook"
22' Islander "H"EYE STRUNG
Fishing is more than what I do it's who I am!!

gearheart

« Reply #48 on: Jun 06, 2013, 06:13 PM »
I am not not sure how to word this where it's not taken wrong by some of you but, here goes. Now some of you are bashing Canadians as slobs trashing local US businesses parking lots and even stores. Well in all my trips to canada I've noticed it's pretty clean over there, road sides, stores, no plastic bags stuck in every other tree also even parking lots are clean. Sorry to say about the dirtiest thing I've found in canada was at the ballet but that's a different story and many would agree a very likable thing LOL. Especially 25 yrs ago when a trip across border for a drunken weekend was all the rage at 19 yrs old. I know many of you agree on that one. LOL.
Even when our dollar was only worth 65 cents, there were better deals on fishing gear to be had in the States.  With our dollar a little stronger the deals are even better.  We may come. We spend money in your country. The last time I looked this was a good thing.  I don't think we trash the place.  You don't need any help in that department.  If we buy up all the merchandise  that should be an incentive for the store owner to increase inventory.

steelie1975

« Reply #49 on: Jun 06, 2013, 08:26 PM »
Not all Canadians do it,  when they buy clothes we find clothes littered in the parking lot and they look like a Eskimo with all the layers of clothes they have on. This is so they don't have to pay duty on the stuff. That is my complaint. Work a day on the weekend at any dicks ,gander mountain etc and you will know what i mean. RANT OVER. Bring on Cabelas the mystic will be over in a year and then it will be back to business as usual
Steelieslayer

Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

« Reply #50 on: Jun 07, 2013, 08:59 AM »
well put steelie. and as far as im concerned since i lived it. the only complaint i had is that they just dropped them in the lot. walk to a trash can. and believe me i've been known to walk the banks at oneida and clean up a garbage bag full of trash. its not a canadian thing. its a lazy person thing.

filetandrelease

« Reply #51 on: Jun 07, 2013, 10:13 AM »
well put steelie. and as far as im concerned since i lived it. the only complaint i had is that they just dropped them in the lot. walk to a trash can. and believe me i've been known to walk the banks at oneida and clean up a garbage bag full of trash. its not a canadian thing. its a lazy person thing.

lazy people are every where , just look at the free wheeling carts at the stores , with a cart holder just a few feet away

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #52 on: Jun 07, 2013, 10:22 AM »

not for nothing, but I haven't purchased but like 2 things from cabelas in 5 yrs, my navionics map chip and a pair of gore tex boots, they definely aren't the cheapest place online, unless your hunting the bargan bin....  I have a cabelas visa that I pay bills with, I have too use the points every couple years,...  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

kc

« Reply #53 on: Jun 08, 2013, 01:33 PM »
Now NYS will get their 8% tax on all sales from Cabelas

wnycrapiecrusher

« Reply #54 on: Jun 09, 2013, 12:55 AM »
dicks batvia what a joke  they deff never have good fishing gear just a place to spend gift cards

wnycrapiecrusher

« Reply #55 on: Jun 09, 2013, 01:07 AM »
plus why not bass pro make them open store east we deff all like bass pro.  cant help take kids to auburn they always have fun, would have been nice in buff

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
« Reply #56 on: Jun 09, 2013, 03:40 AM »
dicks batvia what a joke  they deff never have good fishing gear just a place to spend gift cards

Better than anything else in Batavia right now.  I see this past week they have been working on the front of that building.

O

« Reply #57 on: Jun 09, 2013, 05:40 PM »
Now NYS will get their 8% tax on all sales from Cabelas

They will anyway, and so will Amazon, and all the rest of them if the Internet Sales Tax Law ever gets passed and signed by Obama.  I hate to pay it, but it is only fair to all the brick and mortar stores out there.  It would mean over $800 million in new sales taxes for NYS. 

Can't wait for Cabelas, one of my favorite stores, along with Bass Pro, LL Bean, Gander MT (Watertown store).  I even find a few things at Dicks once in while and will admit that their fishing selection have improved quite a bit in the last couple of years.   I have dragged my wife and kids 100 miles out of the way several times to stop at a Cabelas store.  I need 4-6 hours to go through one, they need 20 minutes!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #58 on: Jun 10, 2013, 04:38 AM »
being  from  the  oswego  area  i  see  canadian race  fans  take  advantage  of   shopping  it's  a  big  boast  for  the area  why  anyone  would  complain   makes  no  sence  to  me  at  all ....

cuse  would  have  been a  good  spot   except  for  gander  and  bass  pro  are  already  close  ....

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

« Reply #59 on: Jun 10, 2013, 05:11 AM »
now that its been announed i guess its ok to spill something i knew. they wanted to go on the land behind napa next to walmart in central square. however the dec nixed it because it is a wetland. that would have been interesting.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.