FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp attacking lures  (Read 91511 times)

Kovifan27

Carp attacking lures
« on: Jun 20, 2013, 07:17 PM »
How common is it for carp to eat a small fly spinner like a Joe's fly?  I fish it at normal to fast straight retrieval.

There is about a half acre pond in my development that we can fish.  It's stocked with largemouth, sunfish, rock bass, crappie, and carp.

It's a real pain(although a great fight) because I use an ultra light rod with 4lb test.  I usually have to step into the pond to grab them since it has a steep bank and I can't lift them onto land w/the line since they are 10lbs+.

I have hooked three carp this summer already.   Are the carp just pressed for food or is this common?

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
Re: Carp attacking lures
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2013, 09:55 AM »
My buddy and I have pulled carp in on rapalas and jigs with swimbaits while pike fishing. Not sure if they got snagged in the mouth while feeding or the bit. So it is possible

buzzbomb

Re: Carp attacking lures
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2013, 10:23 AM »
I've seen them take crankbaits too, and it can be frantic!  Like any other fish they feed when the energy gained outweighs what they put out to catch their prey so if the water's full of shoals of shiners they'll be taking them.  Our incidental plug catches happened when walleye fishing, and they were eating minnows.
If you say the word "gullible" really slow, it sounds like "oranges".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.