FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HOLY RAIN !!!! Lets see some flood pics  (Read 23765 times)

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
HOLY RAIN !!!! Lets see some flood pics
« on: Jun 28, 2013, 06:05 AM »
I really don't recall the local streams around me being this high... An old friend that lives on a local Oriskany Creek trib said in his 30 years their its never been at this level.... I'm gonna drive around and get some pics...... I'd like to see some from any of you guys....
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: HOLY RAIN !!!! Lets see some flood pics
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2013, 06:12 AM »

Almost 5 1/2" of rain in my gauge...  :o
Its crazy...  I cant believe how many roads, villages and towns that are closed to traffic...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2013, 07:25 AM »
If you are familiar with the Walesville area of Oriskany Creek here's a pic I took on my way to work... The parking area at the intersection is being used by the people who live their to park their cars... As you can see in the photo that home has a road that run along the stream in front of it....

We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2013, 07:49 AM »
Things are crazy!!! They said on the news this morning that Death Valley could set a new world record high temp today. The current record is 134 F.
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2013, 07:56 AM »
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.....

Well I just got a text from a friend and she said no work at the post office in Ilion today because there closed...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2013, 08:02 AM »
Herkimer..

Ilion..

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2013, 08:21 AM »

OMG  :o :o :o :o

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2013, 08:26 AM »
Just heard the Lowes store in Herkimer which is in a low area and has the Mohawk River behind it and the West Canada Creek to the right of it has 6 feet of water in it....   :o 

Ima fishin addict

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2013, 08:36 AM »
Just heard the Lowes store in Herkimer which is in a low area and has the Mohawk River behind it and the West Canada Creek to the right of it has 6 feet of water in it....   :o 

No way!! I know that plaza this is crazy.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2013, 08:47 AM »
No fishing on the Canal this weekend...  Or next...

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2013, 09:01 AM »
Herkimer WalMart..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2013, 09:09 AM »
Here ya go MickeyFinn ,  Oriskany Creek!

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #12 on: Jun 28, 2013, 09:21 AM »
Raquette, that spillway is about 12' tall ... just for a little insight..

Clark Mills American Legion, right on the bank of Oriskany Creek literally within 50 yards of it.. There is about a 10' plus earth retaining wall on the bank there... The water is up to the porch which is about 6'...

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Jun 28, 2013, 09:28 AM »
WOW..
Glad I live at 1317 feet above sea level.    ;D
I do feel sorry for every one who had damage..   :'(

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #14 on: Jun 28, 2013, 09:45 AM »

pulled this one off facebook from fort plain, I see Oneida creek has gone off the gauge ..... gauge only goes to 10,000cfs

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.