FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HOLY RAIN !!!! Lets see some flood pics  (Read 23768 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: HOLY RAIN !!!! Lets see some flood pics
« Reply #135 on: Jul 05, 2013, 08:10 AM »
Glad you enjoyed your meal.....  Got to love vennie burgers on the 4th of July.... ;D ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #136 on: Jul 05, 2013, 09:22 AM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

It was my pleasure to help and a great excuse to see a friend  8)

riot609

• best time to fish when its rainin & when it aint!
« Reply #137 on: Jul 05, 2013, 10:55 AM »
Just left my family's house on Sconondoa St. the clean up is underway, they have a long road ahead of them...this was my first time past there house the damage is unbelievable.  every little bit helps at this point,  thank you to all who have helped/donated and have keep these family's in your Thoughts and prayers!!!

Doorbreaker

« Reply #138 on: Jul 05, 2013, 02:33 PM »
Being right in the middle of this mess (Town of Stark) I don't have many pictures but the ones in my head are vivid enough. The Otsquago creek is basically destroyed as a trout stream at this point. Folks have been finding fish in fields, homes and parking lots. Neighbors behind me lost their home and business.

Being a FF/EMT myself it hasn't been fun. However it could have been much worse. Yes many lost homes/businesses but so far there has been only one flood related death. An elderly woman in Fort Plain who didn't want to leave her home when neighbors tried to get her out. Her body was found at lock 14 in the debris. 

Anyone wishing to help: Get with a LOCAL agency (PD, FD, Church) That way you can get into the area and actually help. Be aware that there are a LOT of roads that are closed or GONE and travel can get interesting.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #139 on: Jul 05, 2013, 09:25 PM »
There getting pounded again in the valley..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #140 on: Jul 07, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Cooperstown and  Richfield "Canadarago Lake" getting pounded..

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #141 on: Jul 08, 2013, 12:44 PM »
Man!  These people can't catch a break!!
Nice job findin em

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #142 on: Jul 11, 2013, 06:40 PM »
just a question.......has the rivers started to subside yet ???

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #143 on: Jul 11, 2013, 07:09 PM »
just a question.......has the rivers started to subside yet ???
When I was there a week ago you could see the high water mark on the trees, at least 4 feet above where it was the day I was there .... It was still 4 feet higher than normal according to Dom .

black55

« Reply #144 on: Jul 11, 2013, 08:35 PM »
That last storm here had a tornado that did some damage but not like what you guys had to deal with ! ! my prayers are with all those in NY .
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #145 on: Jul 16, 2013, 05:10 PM »
Its not over now   that its hot  and hasent rained in 3 days...  There are still people who lost everything...    Homes, cars and everything they own...  Hope this,####, well I wont say , but the Governor can get them help.

Cuomo: NY will provide millions to flood victims
By Associated Press
Story Created: Jul 16, 2013 at 5:21 PM EDT
Story Updated: Jul 16, 2013 at 5:21 PM EDT
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Gov. Andrew Cuomo says he and legislators are ready to devote about $10 million to hundreds of flooding victims in the Mohawk Valley.

Cuomo says legislative leaders support the spending from the state's $135 billion budget and details for homeowners will be available by Wednesday.

Exactly how Mohawk Valley residents would receive that money to repair and replace their homes isn't clear.

Cuomo says Tuesday he hopes to speed the process by acting administratively, rather that calling the Legislature back to session. That could take two weeks and cost the state tens of thousands of dollars.

Cuomo tells public radio's "Capitol Pressroom" that he had hoped the federal government would provide the money. But the Federal Emergency Management Agency decided this week that the victims aren't eligible.

jacmay2015

« Reply #146 on: Feb 01, 2016, 01:27 PM »
Hello!

Myself and my fellow colleagues from Hofstra University are studying this flood and will be at the Mohawk Watershed Symposium later this year.
I am very interested in some of the pictures you have posted here.  We are mapping pictures found online as part of a class project.
Sorry this isn't fishing related! Would you be willing to share some location data for these pictures?  We are looking for addresses.

Thank you!
~Jackie :)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #147 on: Feb 01, 2016, 01:56 PM »
Hello!Myself and my fellow colleagues from Hofstra University are studying this flood and will be at the Mohawk Watershed Symposium later this year.
I am very interested in some of the pictures you have posted here.  We are mapping pictures found online as part of a class project.
Sorry this isn't fishing related! Would you be willing to share some location data for these pictures?  We are looking for addresses.Thank you!~Jackie :)

And what brought you to this web site to find about a flood?   

jacmay2015

« Reply #148 on: Feb 01, 2016, 02:05 PM »
Google image search brought my group to this post.  We have a very specific location and date that we are studying. By searching "Fort Plain June 2013 flood", we found the picture in particular that we are fascinated by, which is the one of the people rowing down the street.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #149 on: Feb 01, 2016, 02:39 PM »
I'm not from the Fort Plain area..   Wouldn't you start by calling there chamber of commerce?
And you are very lucky to attend a beautiful University..  Was there a few months ago..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.