FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lowrance x67c marking imaginary fish at same depth. HELP PLEASE !!!  (Read 5236 times)

C07pernice

My lowrance x67c has been absolutely great until just recently. I had it in my kayak and it was marking fish that I knew were not there. I assumed it was because of poor/low battery.

I then charged the battery and brought it on the canoe for a brook trout trip. This time it was marking fish at 10 feet of water.

Sometimes it marked fish once in a while at 10 feet, other times it marked a line at 10 feet for a few minutes indicating there was a fish swimming under the boat for the Lenghth of the pond at 10 feet haha

I hooked it up to the boat battery and it did the same thing....

What's going on? Is my transducer broke?

Please help!! I need this fish finder and its driving me crazy

C07pernice

No settings have been changed and its never done this before. Clearly, something is messed upX but what? The transducer is clean, has not been damaged that I know of, etc.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

OTIS

You should be able to do a hard and soft reboot of the fish finder, similar to a pc.  If you email Lowrance, they will send you the steps to take to complete this.  A soft reboot will not remove data from the system, where a hard reboot will.  I have done this with my 334 unit and it works great.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

ship of fools

Any chance it is the thermocline??

I get the continuous markings sometimes and that is what i figured it was.

C07pernice

It could be the thermocline? But would that be consistent at 10 feet down in the entire pond? From 40 feet of water to 15 feet? I don't know much about that....

I did a restore to factory settings reset but won't be able to try it until tomorrow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.