FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Western MA Reports  (Read 16760 times)

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
Western MA Reports
« on: Apr 15, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Post your reports here.............

If you do not wish to have your honey hole revealed then be cautious what and how you post.

Do not be a "Spot Burner"

Example report:

Fished Lake Mugz today. South end. Caught "x" amount of fish, all on Purple 5" Senko's. All fish were caught between 7:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Bite died at 12:00 Noon.

The Big Pickerel

Re: Western MA Reports
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2005, 06:55 AM »
Fished Hampton Ponds in Westfield on both saturday and sunday from the boat.  caught a decent amount of small bass in the 9-14 inch range.   It was fun fishing.  I tried an assortment of lures, but the only real producer was a blue/sliver rattle trap.  Work it like 1 to 5 feet under the surface, just above the tops of the weeds.   
The Big Pickerel

Muskie Matt

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Anyone been out on the CT River in Chicopee, Holyoke area for stripers or shad/herring? Shouldn't be long now.

stinkpot

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2005, 08:54 AM »
I checked out the CT river in Montague last night, the bass were flying from the water...it is time.  I gave bobber fishing with shiners a try because I didn't get in enough ice fishing this year.  Landed one nice smallmouth and missed about five (a recycled hook barely sharp enough to hook the shinner) but they were not really interested.  They were feeding top water on something small and unidentified, the fish were coming out of the water 5 ft in front of me.  I'm going to hit them with the fly rod tonight 8)

The Big Pickerel

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 05:24 PM »
fished littleville reservior yesterday, caught a lot of large bass in the 17-22 inch range,  the largest was just a little over 5 pounds,  most bass were caught on a really large 5/8 ounce chartruse spinner bait with one big gold colorado blade.  the bass were all around the 15 foot contour near the bottom.    I did get a few bass near the shore on jig/rubbercrayfish.  the wind was really rough.   no trout for me,  but one guy and his buddy were trolling, they caught 10 stocked rainbows that were 14 inches  on goldfish spoons.
The Big Pickerel

The Big Pickerel

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 08:44 PM »
fished the CT river near the area the chicopee river enters.   we personally did not catch any shad,  but another guy and his buddy caught 35 shad in 4 hours.    a few people were trolling and drifting baits for stripers.   didn't see anybody reel in a striper.   but i saw an undersize dead one on shore that somebody had hung on a tree.  so they are in the area,  or up river below the holyoke dam.   

caught a nice smallmouth and my brother caught a 16.5 inch walleye as the sun was setting.
The Big Pickerel

The Big Pickerel

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 08:46 PM »
caught some brown trout fly fishing on westfield river.  using a small black size 14 fly.  the browns were 10-12 inches,  did not see any rainbows in the pool i was fishing.   I released all the fish.
The Big Pickerel

jf5

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 12:17 PM »
fished the CT river near the area the chicopee river enters.   we personally did not catch any shad,  but another guy and his buddy caught 35 shad in 4 hours.    a few people were trolling and drifting baits for stripers.   didn't see anybody reel in a striper.   but i saw an undersize dead one on shore that somebody had hung on a tree.  so they are in the area,  or up river below the holyoke dam.   

caught a nice smallmouth and my brother caught a 16.5 inch walleye as the sun was setting.

Can you fish the mouth of the Chicopee from shore??

musky-man

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 05:09 PM »
fished pontoosic yesterday, caught a pike 3 bass 1 pickeral and a crappie, went to moose meadow brook in westfield today caught 6 nice sized brookies, a foot long, couple longer, good weekend

Muskie Matt

« Reply #9 on: Jun 01, 2005, 07:19 AM »
Yes you can fish the mouth from shore. Just follow the trail from the Chicopee boat launch (Medina St.) it's a good walk.

Muskie Matt

« Reply #10 on: Aug 19, 2005, 09:19 AM »
Anyone doing anything? I personally haven't been out that much. Been fishing a bit in upstate NY. What's the word on the Oxbow, Quabbin, CT. River? Anyone? Angler Kev.....I know you've had your boat in the water.....anything doing?

Capt.Shay

« Reply #11 on: Aug 21, 2005, 09:03 AM »
Fished the Big River Tues. night.  We were using shrimp (the eels don't seem to like them a much as some of the other stink/catfish baits).  Caught a couple of cats and a bluegill on a shrimp! go figure?

Tight lines,

" Ya' can't catchem ifn yea aint got a hook wet. "

Muskie Matt

« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2005, 05:48 AM »
Anyone fishing for trout? Or anything?

Capt.Shay

« Reply #13 on: Nov 07, 2005, 04:46 AM »
Conn. River 'Eye

19" of tasty solid white fillet.  Had him frying in oil an hour after catching him.

But you should have seen the one that got away  ;D  At least 24", had him up to shore and SNAP the line lets go  :'(
I look at the line and there is a tell tale pig tail that indicates my knot let go.  I hate it when that happens.   It was probably
the biggest 'Eye of my life and I missed him because I tied a bad knot  >:(

Tight Lines,

" Ya' can't catchem ifn yea aint got a hook wet. "

deerhunter

« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2005, 06:36 AM »
what is a conn river eye? can,t say i,ve ever heard of or seen one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.