FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: sodus perch  (Read 6811 times)

panfish pirate

sodus perch
« on: Oct 14, 2013, 07:42 PM »
anybody getting any

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: sodus perch
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2013, 04:23 AM »
maybe
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Prchmike

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2013, 11:33 AM »
anybody getting any

No, my wife's home.
fishermen are born honest, but they get over it..

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2013, 11:47 AM »
mike ....

Quote from: panfish pirate on Oct 14, 2013, 07:42 PM
anybody getting any

No, my wife's home.

that  just  didn't  sound  right 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

panfish pirate

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2014, 01:25 PM »
pretty helpful

perchgod27

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2014, 07:51 PM »
happens a lot on here . simple question  no good answers lol

Pequod1

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2014, 08:32 AM »
I got a chuckle :D

gotagetm

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2014, 04:09 PM »
if you look for good info on any of these pages you mighnt as well flip a coin and take shot in the dark,ive fished next to some of these guys open water and ice only to get home and see them post spots on lake they were not fishing and tactics they wernt using ,im guessing to keep everything hush hush,lol dam funny to me ,ive seen people actually post honest posts only to get criticized for sharing info on a spot because they say (everyone will show up and ruin spot ) haha funny,im not saying everyone does this ,but many do 

St.Croix.Boy

• Just one more cast...
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2014, 07:50 PM »
There is a sort of oddity to it! By "it" I mean the fact that we're all on here to talk about our obsession with fishing (because if you frequent an online fishing forum, it's definitely beyond a hobby by that point); however, few people say anything about where they're doing it. A lot of people ask questions and get very broad and marginally helpful answers. Here's the kicker: I do the same thing to people! I've thought about this a lot, and I think it comes down to a few key reasons, and in no strict order:

1. Fishing has always been about secrets. I don't know a single fisherman who hasn't withheld information about a spot, a stream, a lure, a cove, a retrieval technique, a homemade attract or fly that's not in any book. There are many things that give fishing it's mystifying effect, and tight lips is one of them. So, yeah, the whole aura of "keeping secrets" is still a big part of fishing for all stripes of fishermen; we love to entertain the idea that we know something that the next guy doesn't. I'm guilty as charged.

2. The internet is really big Once you give birth to an idea on the internet, it's definitely not a secret. Edit it, delete it, whatever it - it's stored somewhere, and it can be retrieved. To a lot of guys and gals, there's a big different between chatting with your bait supplier about a good place to start on the lake, and asking umpteen thousand people if the fish are biting on a site that sees visitors from all over North America. Reference the whole fishing-as-secret-endeavor thing; this breeches that privacy, big time!

3. We all wanna be the last guy on the river :-) It's 6:30am. First light. You've already got a couple of fish in your count, and have maybe lost one. Your friend has a fish or two, and so do the other 2 - 3 people standing within eyesight of where you're fishing. You think to yourself, " Mother of God, you've finally given me ONE day on the river when the fishing's consistent and everybody else is at home cleaning out their gutters. Thank you..." And then it happens: they start arriving like they just arrived on a Greyhound bus. 5, then 10, then 15 people are suddenly in view of where you were previously experiencing Nirvana. Catch rate goes down because there's now 2 guys so close to you that you could reach out and tickle their noses with your fly/spin/CP/jigging rod. Tangles happen. Words are said. Fits are thrown. The perfect day ends around 8:15am. Now, apply this to whatever you like to do - ice fishing, trolling, pier fishing, whatever! Everybody wants to be the last one to show up, and they don't want things like MFF to be the ***perceived*** reason why those newbies came and ruined their awesome day.

4. The only thing we have in common is that we fish. Sure, a few people on here now each other, or meet each other by accident on the water, but that doesn't mean we'd have each other's back in a bar fight. If you're that close with someone, you'll tell them that spot on the lake with the huge tree root laying on the bottom that becomes a crappie mecca every winter. 90% of us know nothing about each other. Even if there are no secret spots left, the thought of letting someone you don't know in on what's good and what's hot is like TREASON to a lot of fishermen. Goes back to point one: there's always been this weird, folklore-ish type of secrecy that fishermen latch onto once they become obsessed with the sport.

After all, life is short. I know I don't work all week just to find "some other jerk hijacking my honey hole on my day off!" :-) lol! Just being sarcastic. Sorry for the rant, but you fellas brought up something that's always fascinated me: we all get together on this site to share as little meaningful information about fishing as possible. lol!
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2014, 07:48 AM »
When it comes to fishing spots all I can say is this... ::) ::) ::)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2014, 05:20 PM »
Y'all take this way too seriously.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

St.Croix.Boy

• Just one more cast...
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2014, 07:23 PM »
When it comes to fishing spots all I can say is this... ::) ::) ::)

LOL! Yeah, that's 75% of the MFF mentality in a nutshell. :)
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

Mac Attack

« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2014, 08:59 PM »
Y'all take this way too seriously.

Rg

No kidding Bob.
Goofy!

I'm certainly not perfect, but I always try and give out good info.
Why not?
Doesn't hurt anything.
I know, a lot of guys say it will create a situation where all the fish will be taken. leaving nothing.
I think this is pure unsubstantiated BS.
Silly garbage.

I know another outdoor internet group who always gives out good info.........all the time.
But mentioning them here would only get me in trouble.

A shame though that there are people who don't share.

Oh well........onward!
Everyone is entitled to their own feelings.
But why even join one of these boards if you are going to lie, or expect to not get help when needed.
Silly.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Nov 25, 2014, 03:39 AM »
I've been verbally attacked wearing my IceShanty hoodie. Had a guy harangue me in a parking area at Sodus. Told me our site ruined the fishing. Said he couldn't find a decent perch anywhere in the bay because of us. 

I told him he probably couldn't find a fish at Wegmans, showed him the bucket full I had, told him where I was fishing, showed him the jigs I was using and offered to meet him the next day.  I got the big Haarrumpf.

Oh, and I never reveal that I'm a Mod here and on IS . I don't normally carry a gun.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.