FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Vertical Jig Fishing  (Read 34199 times)

stag

Re: Vertical Jig Fishing
« Reply #90 on: Aug 03, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Hey Scott, just curious, how are you guys mounting your transducers? I assume each guy is using his own vex ? I think Im understanding the technique but just wondering where/how the transducers are mounted...any help is appreciated.

Duane

stinkybaits

« Reply #91 on: Aug 04, 2014, 05:20 AM »
Just plopping it over the side of the boat. The foam float on the vexilar transducer and just enough cord to get it into the water does a good job of keeping it in place. A foot away from the boat would definitely give me some more room. I've seen some people use a clamp on metal arm reminded me of the fish basket holders . Quite a few possibilities for some type of extension.

Vampire Fish

« Reply #92 on: Aug 04, 2014, 02:23 PM »
Yep the vertical jigging season has begun , still doing some spider rigging too !! The fish are starting to move deeper & getting more aggressive . these fish were mostly caught on Bitsy tubes & Ice fly's . you have to be stealthy on the trolling motor and ease your way down the break line & fish slow this time of year . as far as mounting the vexilar tranducer , I don't I just throw the puck & float over the side and keep the cord a bit snug . a lot of it is the rod as well , your rod need to be able to hold the proper weight & still be able to quiver the lure  & not be too long so you can keep the tip of the rod right next to the puck . now that vertical season is here its straight over the side of the boat  fishing for this angler :) So Much Fun !!!!!

Blueultra2

« Reply #93 on: Aug 04, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Hey Stinky, why don't you put that GoPro to use and video your set-up and technique. ;)

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #94 on: Aug 05, 2014, 09:54 AM »
What kind depths are you finding the fish at.  I was thinking of trying to get out myself this week

stinkybaits

« Reply #95 on: Aug 05, 2014, 10:42 AM »
What kind depths are you finding the fish at.  I was thinking of trying to get out myself this week

James and Jimmerson all over anywhere from 5 ft in the weeds all the way to 20 25 fow on bottom or just off.

stinkybaits

« Reply #96 on: Sep 23, 2014, 09:33 PM »
Been quite some time since I did any vertical fishing. Most of the summer I've been helping my wife after her surgery. Got out on a few big lake steel head and salmon trips and had a blast! Now that she's feeling better I'll be making up lost days. Broke out the vertical jigger and fished 20 to 25 fow fish were pretty close to the bottom.  Started at 2 ish ended up staying out until 8. Biggest perch was 14 and had two gills over 10. Everything was caught on smoke colored tube bait with a tungsten buckshot jig and chartreuse jig head.

coustom rods

« Reply #97 on: Sep 24, 2014, 06:02 AM »
Babies!!!!!!!!  Throw them back .
I will take those tiger type fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #98 on: Sep 24, 2014, 07:13 AM »
Pretty fish !!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #99 on: Sep 24, 2014, 10:50 AM »
Nice lookin haul Scott.  How do you set up your rig?  I might have to get out and try that next week.

stinkybaits

« Reply #100 on: Sep 24, 2014, 04:12 PM »
Nice lookin haul Scott.  How do you set up your rig?  I might have to get out and try that next week.

That's why I keep the thread alive. Pretty much says everything about the setup. When I find what the heck I did with the go pro I'll try to make a video. 

coustom rods

« Reply #101 on: Sep 24, 2014, 04:59 PM »
 I will help u make that video .
Let me know .

stinkybaits

« Reply #102 on: Sep 25, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Thanks custom r for helping out today. Part of the video is don. I think the fish are camera shy had some takers on the plastics today but most were worming it. Dragging a wiggler on a size 14 scud hook and a small split shot saved the day. East wind was the only thing different from Tuesdays weather and the smoke tube that was hot was not today.  Orange and chartreuse combo was the tube and that wasn't that great.

crappiehunter

« Reply #103 on: Sep 26, 2014, 05:04 AM »
We all need this new feature on our boats

Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

stinkybaits

« Reply #104 on: Sep 26, 2014, 05:19 AM »
That is sweet! Met a guy from Texas that saw an ice fishing pole for the first time and bought a couple. He said down there they had floating houses they would put out on the water and trap doors would open up they would fish out of. The fish would be under them for the shade. He was ecstatic saying oh man this will be much easier than my five foot rods. A toon with an enclosure be sweet like that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.