FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What's your favorite fishing line  (Read 9661 times)

fishnfool59

Re: What's your favorite fishing line
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:30 AM »
i use fireline for my topwater and crankbait rods. a low stretch mono or florocarbon for soft plastics. i find the fireline for topwater gets alot more fish and holds up much better.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:41 AM »
Welcome to the site..   I also like braid for top water...  And love BPS XPS fluorocarbon for plastics... ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:42 AM »
PS, where are you from??
Might want to put that in your avatar...    ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

robbi

« Reply #18 on: Feb 11, 2014, 08:51 PM »
Outfitted two new rod/reel combos for jigging walleye this year.  Put Fireline on one and Suffix 832 on the other......have to see which I like best.  A walleye pro at the boat show this past weekend showed me Fireline Tracer.......which would be awesome for jigging.  I picked up another ultra light rod and reel  a couple weeks ago and might try   Tracer for fishing brook trout in the creeks. 

Lundin-loading

« Reply #19 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:05 PM »
8lb power pro or 6lb fireline were my favorites, however I recently had serious issues with an entire spool of fireline and will be completely phasing that out and going back to power pro on all of my spinning setups. On my casters I like 20lb power pro. I use trilene flouro for leaders tied on with a modified albright or double uni-knot. I've seen too many inserts knocked out to throw a swivel on that connection, and I'm not convinced swivels do much swiveling anyway!
Beauty

gundogwanted

« Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2014, 06:27 AM »
The better rods get Vanish Transition, then it's Ande and/or Suffix Siege for the rest.
Spooled up some 832 braid last year, not sold on it yet.
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

MBrown4

« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2014, 10:48 AM »
My favorite braid is daily samurai braid but at 40 bucks it only is on my walleye jig rod.other than that I have pp super slick and suffix 832.tried fireline. hate it.fray city.i prefer the 832 over ppss because it lays better and allows me to get more on a spool.seems to cast better also

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #22 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:40 AM »
I might be stuck in the horse and buggy days, But my favorite line is good old Trilene XL. Been using it since it hit the market, both soft water and ice 2- 20#. Can't think of any problems with it. Affordable too.

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #23 on: Feb 14, 2014, 01:22 PM »
I used to use trilene all the time until I bought one spool that just kept snapping at the knot and it kinda ruined it for me

fishnaddct

« Reply #24 on: Feb 20, 2014, 10:29 AM »
i use braid, mono, and flouro. everything has it's time and place. i like suffix braid and mono and for flouro i like the seaguar.

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #25 on: Feb 26, 2014, 12:16 PM »
i like the mr crappie high-vis crappie line in bright green for my ultralight rods, for heavier stuff i use trilene super strong sensation (whoever approved that name should get a slap upside the head), again in a high-vis color.

for open water, i don't mind the stretch that mono has. it's easy on the wallet, i can get it in a huge variety of colors so i can color-code my reels (4 lb test is green, 6 lb test is orange, 8 lb test is pink, etc.) making it super easy to match reels and line to rods, and with the high-vis, it makes it super easy to tie knots and detect bites. around here, summer is hot. so line memory doesn't tend to be much of an issue until fall.

honestly, if i could afford flourocarbon, i'd buy it. i can afford braid, but i suck at casting the stuff, so it almost always tangles. therefore i pretty much only use braid for vertical jigging.

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #26 on: Apr 01, 2014, 12:08 PM »
silver thread for pans
power pro for game

WyoMinFisher

« Reply #27 on: Apr 03, 2014, 09:24 AM »
Phasing out Fireline this year due to fraying, went with Power Pro on 2 jigging poles and Suffix on another 2.  All tipped with Vanish fluorocarbon leader.  Make up my mind as the season goes on as to which one is best for my use.....

davidcox

« Reply #28 on: Aug 07, 2014, 09:29 AM »
30LB Power Pro

htc

« Reply #29 on: Aug 14, 2014, 05:25 PM »
power pro braid and seagar leaders nothing else

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.