FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2014 Get Together  (Read 22957 times)

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
2014 Get Together
« on: Feb 28, 2014, 11:07 AM »
I was thinking we've never had a get together on MFF. It's just a thought but I was thinking we could do a get together this year the same way we do it on Ice Shanty.
Instead of sleds we use boats. It would be bragging rights only .. maybe certificates. It's just a thought so let's hear your opinions.

Those who are brave are free ..       

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: 2014 Get Together
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:21 PM »
I'd take a ride for that Doug if someone needs a grumpy old partner for the day.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishgalore

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:53 PM »
I'd take a ride for that Doug if someone needs a grumpy old partner for the day.

RG

RG...you'd be welcome on my boat for the day if you come down. You can join a couple of other grumps as well. It ain't pretty but it gets the job done. Missed out on a nice upgrade recently. Waited to long to pull the trigger but maybe the end of the season might be a better time. I will still need to unload mine.

The only thing that pops up for me though is forget it if it's either Swartswood Lake. My last outing there was terrible and it turned me off. Had a couple nice Pickerel early in the AM and marked many fish all day. Not another take on anything. Fished live bait and threw just about everything at 'em with not even a sunfish the rest of the day. We fished another lake all year and never got the skunk. So that place is on the black list now for me.

Oh and one last thing...........we might not have open water til June at this frickin rate!

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2014, 09:07 AM »
Bob (rgfixit) you would be more than welcome to join us. I only have a 10' jon boat though .. basically a 1 man.

Bob (fishgalore) I could post several lakes and we could have members put it to a vote.

Those who are brave are free ..       

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2014, 12:11 PM »
Thanks guys. Keep me posted. If no one else is interested, we might better go fly fishing ;D

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

doitnow

« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2014, 06:04 PM »
I was thinking we've never had a get together on MFF. It's just a thought but I was thinking we could do a get together this year the same way we do it on Ice Shanty.
Instead of sleds we use boats. It would be bragging rights only .. maybe certificates. It's just a thought so let's hear your opinions.

Sounds good

fishthefalls123

« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2014, 04:27 PM »
sounds sweet

loustru

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2014, 12:58 PM »
 Sounds good to me. :D :D

NjTroutMan

« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2014, 03:56 PM »
I would try to make it out. I have a 10' jon boat also.I'm never able to make any from ice shanty so why not try for the nice weather.

beartracks

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2014, 09:49 AM »
Open water together sounds great.

King Kool

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Def a good idea but probably would have to be at a place that rents at least row boats for people who don't have a boat.
Lunker Hunter

JigAwhopper

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2014, 06:55 AM »
That sounds great...I'm in!
I got a bass boat and a kayak so could go anywhere.  We need to find a location that cohld accomodate different types of vessels
J
GONE FISH'G.......

ratso

« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2014, 04:10 AM »
Hopatcong, Way-Way, both have boat rentals. Not sure when Way-Way rentals opens, most likely Memorial Day and an entrance fee for anyone showing up late. I can check and see if the gate can be open early at Way-Way for an early start. Of course there are a few lakes further south if some of the southern boys want to chime in.

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2014, 03:33 PM »
I think Dows at Lake Hopatcong rentals opens with the trout season opener.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: Apr 05, 2014, 09:17 AM »
Let me know when and where and I am in!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.