FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anybody else waiting for the spawn?  (Read 4242 times)

BassAssassin307

Anybody else waiting for the spawn?
« on: Mar 05, 2014, 04:19 PM »
I see that there are very few posts during the winter. Now the ice is coming off and all I can think is bass spawn in June. Well June up where I live in Wyoming. When do they spawn where you live?

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
Re: Anybody else waiting for the spawn?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2014, 12:38 AM »
here in Idaho they're usually spawning by late may. this year we've had an early ice-off and the water temps have already hit 48 in some places. since bass spawn at roughly 56 or so, we're looking at early may, maybe late april. possibly sooner, but i don't i don't wanna get my hopes up.

Baberuth

• I love fishing
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2014, 11:23 PM »
Being between the Great Lakes and the Finger Lakes in NY allows excellent ice fishing which is close to over and yes we await the opening of trout season April first along with a huge perch and crappie run. There are still streams that get filled with steel head and browns which are legal throughout the year. The perch run is followed by the bull head run and the first Saturday in May is opening day on pike season. Heck, we catch bull head and perch 2 at a time during the run. Between April first and late May you can also fish close to shore in the Great Lakes for large browns. Boating for large browns, northern pike, crappies and perch is also at its best. In June the bass season opens and Lake Erie is outstanding and Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes are pretty good too. Lake Erie is also loaded with huge Walleye and Lake trout.The St. Lawrence has Musky and the many other lakes and Adirondack streams offer even more fishing.
There isn't much of a wait for fisherman here, but when April hits, it's the best! Hope to hear others about their area.
Baberuth
We let the fish go and my Dad said I had a wish. I wished the fish would live.

jibbs

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2014, 12:56 PM »
normally in new hampshire the prime spawning time is memorial day weekend...however, we are still sitting on almost 30 inches of ice and the temps are still below zero in the mornings with day time temps in the 20's and 30's...the bass boat is usually in the water by april 1st but its not happening this year...the ice fishing for bass this month has been crazy...espicially for smallies..looking forward to sharing some stories...good luck out there
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2014, 03:21 PM »
I love fishing for bass during the spawn and post spawn, specially post spawn fishing with a shakey head set up or pitching creature baits into beds....but as soon as water opens up I get out for bass

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.