FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New toons ready to go  (Read 5766 times)

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
New toons ready to go
« on: Mar 18, 2014, 10:11 PM »
So I've been working on one of the pontoon frames I got from prospector for about a week now and its finally ready for the water. It took a few mods and I was able to put on some 9ft colorado pontoons, lifted the seat 2in & added adjustable seat rails, diamond plate rear deck, rod holders and the fish finder. Should be a good set up this year on the waters I cant get the boat on and some river floats in the near future

This toon turned out great and i can not wait to get it out, Thanks again joe  @)

prospector

Re: New toons ready to go
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2014, 10:51 PM »
Looks great Matt! Happy to see it getting the T.L.C. it needed. Now I want to get a nice one to do some rivers up here! Keep those eyes peeled for me please.

Crappielover89

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2014, 02:23 AM »
it looks good I have one too I need to put some pics on here to show you or we need to get out and just go together..... I had a lot of fun fishing the large and small mouths from it at deer creek last year so we should get together and hit them hard toon style this year...... got one problem with mine at the moment though.... I broke the motor mount off of mine so I need to have a more heavy duty one put on to it..... it wasn't strong enough for the new 5HP motor I put on to it..... haha hopefuly I have it fixed in a little while....

liv2hunt

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2014, 08:41 PM »
Matt, looks great I fish off a toon with 9 footers as well. I put a 30lb thrust motor with battery my fat a$$ two or three poles, net, tackle box and a small cooler with a few sodas in it, and it still floats fine. It is fun to fish off until a big gusty wind comes up, and the real work begins. Seriously fun to fish off.

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2014, 09:56 PM »
Looks great Matt! Happy to see it getting the T.L.C. it needed. Now I want to get a nice one to do some rivers up here! Keep those eyes peeled for me please.

Thanks again joe, I will keep an eye out. There was a Colorado xt for a decent price on ksl yesterday

it looks good I have one too I need to put some pics on here to show you or we need to get out and just go together..... I had a lot of fun fishing the large and small mouths from it at deer creek last year so we should get together and hit them hard toon style this year...... got one problem with mine at the moment though.... I broke the motor mount off of mine so I need to have a more heavy duty one put on to it..... it wasn't strong enough for the new 5HP motor I put on to it..... haha hopefuly I have it fixed in a little while....

Thanks, sounds like a plan. Dang a 5hp motor. I thought most were rated for electric motors only. I bet you could cover some ground with that. I can see why you will need something more heavy duty. lol

Matt, looks great I fish off a toon with 9 footers as well. I put a 30lb thrust motor with battery my fat a$$ two or three poles, net, tackle box and a small cooler with a few sodas in it, and it still floats fine. It is fun to fish off until a big gusty wind comes up, and the real work begins. Seriously fun to fish off.

Thanks Matt, I went to the 9ft cause in my 8ft my big butt was only a couple inches off the water. I doubt I'll put a motor on this, yet. For now just some gear, poles, fish finder and some thing cold in the cooler will work. X2 on the wind. If it starts to pick up I'm usually rowing for the shoreline where we parked. Good times

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.