FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Looking at boats  (Read 7254 times)

Daybreak

Re: Looking at boats
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2014, 03:34 PM »
Thanks everybody,  its getting my gears rattling in my head. What I hope to fish for is basically simple fishing.  Bass gills and so on. If I go to big lake it will only be on smooth day I guess. Can you kind of predict those type of days ?  I like steelhead fishing too. So maybe the river once and a while.

I take my 17' aluminum V on L. Mich. for perch.  Just watch the wave report website and go when it says 1 foot or less.  Also take it on the St. Joe river for steelhead.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2014, 01:37 AM »
Thanks everybody,  its getting my gears rattling in my head. What I hope to fish for is basically simple fishing.  Bass gills and so on. If I go to big lake it will only be on smooth day I guess. Can you kind of predict those type of days ?  I like steelhead fishing too. So maybe the river once and a while.

I live in the same area as you.  A 12'er has sufficed me for the water we have around here except for Winona, Tippy, Webster, and Wawa.  I bought a 14' deep V last fall but I didn't get a chance to put her on. 

wallin

« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2014, 10:46 AM »
There all great boats, just get what you need-thats the important part.
How many people? Wife, kids?
Lake depths can matter if shallower water is a problem.
I'm on my second Smoker Craft and Love my boat- I just want one a little bigger lol.
I fish local lakes, fish Lake Mich. Lake Erie. just learn the weather reports, don't always go by NOAA.
Good luck and buy whats best-there all good.
Wallin

Bput

« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Ive fished in many different types of boats from salt to freshwater. Look for a boat that is suited for what you do the most, if you do mainly bass fishing run with a bass boat....you can find them cheaper at different marinas. For the deep V's its hard to beat a polarcraft. They are cheaper, take a beating and IMO are comparable to lunds...find a few buddies that have boats similar to what your looking for and pester them with every question that you can think of. Happy searching!

frozengator

« Reply #19 on: Mar 31, 2014, 11:28 PM »
Well there is a guy here at work that his dad has a 2009-2010 v165 for sale. I guess not even a full tank of gas has been through it. Not sure what the value of it would be ???  It is a little shorter than what I was looking at. But I am still kind of interested in it.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #20 on: Apr 01, 2014, 04:41 PM »
Well there is a guy here at work that his dad has a 2009-2010 v165 for sale. I guess not even a full tank of gas has been through it. Not sure what the value of it would be ???  It is a little shorter than what I was looking at. But I am still kind of interested in it.

What kind of motor does it have?  Most new motors require a break in period where you need to run the boat for a certain number of hours at various speeds, usually with double oil or more than the normal mixture.  The break in period will usually go through at least one full tank of fuel if not more depending on the size of the tank and size of motor.  If it has not been properly put through the break in period I would steer clear unless you want to risk costly engine repairs.

frozengator

« Reply #21 on: Apr 01, 2014, 10:32 PM »
What kind of motor does it have?  Most new motors require a break in period where you need to run the boat for a certain number of hours at various speeds, usually with double oil or more than the normal mixture.  The break in period will usually go through at least one full tank of fuel if not more depending on the size of the tank and size of motor.  If it has not been properly put through the break in period I would steer clear unless you want to risk costly engine repairs.
He thinks a 50 4 stroke merc

frozengator

« Reply #22 on: Apr 06, 2014, 10:51 PM »
Well I bit the bullet and bought one today. Now I will have to meet up with some of you guys out there. :D

Valparaiso_Girl

« Reply #23 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:23 AM »
Congrats!  What did you get?

loneranger

« Reply #24 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:40 AM »
I mostly fish for perch and smallmouths I have a 16 ft lund 35 hp evinrude cant beat it

frozengator

« Reply #25 on: Apr 07, 2014, 10:39 PM »
Congrats!  What did you get?
Pro Guide V16 with a 50 merc on it. Very nice boat. Can't wait to try it out.

hickgtx600f4

« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2014, 05:54 PM »
Congrats.  ;D

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2014, 07:26 PM »
That sounds like a nice setup. You will enjoy it.

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Found this today on side of the road, chained to a tree, sign said 100

Mac Attack

« Reply #29 on: Apr 08, 2014, 08:20 PM »
that was for the tree.

:D

nice deal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum