FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NH Saltwater Thread  (Read 108109 times)

cornshark

Re: NH Saltwater Thread
« Reply #210 on: Jun 11, 2016, 07:17 PM »
NW and wind and high pressure, temps dropped 4-5 degrees this week. Fished for two hours before kids tall got 3 of theses 26" hobbies. Bait was not I. The river like last week judging by the birds.
Perchus Slaversons

nixstyx

« Reply #211 on: Jun 11, 2016, 08:20 PM »
Definitely slower action today, from what I saw. We did manage a few in the 24" range plus a 30" fish we sent back. Didn't come away empty handed though, we jigged up a bunch of squid near the mouth of the river and fried up some calamari tonight.

cornshark

« Reply #212 on: Jun 12, 2016, 06:05 PM »
What boat you fishing out of? I am in the big Carolina skiff with blue top.
Perchus Slaversons

cornshark

« Reply #213 on: Jun 21, 2016, 04:20 PM »
Anyone catch any big fish in the past week? I fished the river last weekend probably caught 25 bass all in that 23-27" range only one that was a legal keeper. I didn't fish much last year cause of work but over the last 7 years of fishing with a boat it's the worst year I have seen as far as numbers and size. Not sure if anyone is fishing outside with better success.
Perchus Slaversons

puddlejumper68

« Reply #214 on: Jun 24, 2016, 10:15 AM »
Anyone heading out in the Merrimack tonite ?  High tide around 315 pm so the tide is low at 930 ! Fishing the tide change just as its getting dark to the incoming is a great time ! Got a few good ones in the past near the toothpick !
im not drunk i just navigate that way.

Dispy

« Reply #215 on: Jun 24, 2016, 10:44 AM »
Anyone heading out in the Merrimack tonite ?  High tide around 315 pm so the tide is low at 930 ! Fishing the tide change just as its getting dark to the incoming is a great time ! Got a few good ones in the past near the toothpick !
Good luck, live Macks are the ticket. Some nice reports coming in from the south end of the island with scattered fish near the jetties and along the beach lip. Tides are close enough by my standards, but here's a good link for that specific area you may find useful>http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/massachusetts/plum-island-merrimack-river-entrance  Also, the Park Rangers are monitoring and removing persons fishing from the jetties ;)  Tight Lines~
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

puddlejumper68

« Reply #216 on: Jun 25, 2016, 09:49 AM »
Dipsy thanks for sharing that link !  It's got some great info ! Went out last night got on the water about 6 pm ! Fished inside in 8 ft of water got a couple 22-26 inches first then a couple more a few hours later one decent one about 35 ! All on fresh herring . Then moved to the toothpick side of the river  and got nothing till about 12.30 am ! Then hit the ramp and headed home ! Not a great trip but gonna try some live stuff tonight !  Hopfully with better fish !

cornshark

« Reply #217 on: Jun 26, 2016, 12:13 PM »
Anyone break off a big striper in the river with a smelled jay hook. I found your leaded and fish.
Perchus Slaversons

Dispy

« Reply #218 on: Jun 26, 2016, 09:12 PM »
Dipsy thanks for sharing that link !  It's got some great info ! Went out last night got on the water about 6 pm ! Fished inside in 8 ft of water got a couple 22-26 inches first then a couple more a few hours later one decent one about 35 ! All on fresh herring . Then moved to the toothpick side of the river  and got nothing till about 12.30 am ! Then hit the ramp and headed home ! Not a great trip but gonna try some live stuff tonight !  Hopfully with better fish !
Happy to help.....the Blues have been here for two weeks going incognito, which is why many are puzzled as to why no big fish are in shallow.......
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

cornshark

« Reply #219 on: Jun 26, 2016, 10:47 PM »
Anyone know what took the went worth kids striper tourney today?
Perchus Slaversons

puddlejumper68

« Reply #220 on: Jun 27, 2016, 07:16 AM »
If anyone wants poogies there 2-3 big schools outside of plum island Sunday  !  Snagged about 20 then live lined them to no avail !  Couldn't believe I didn't get one hit on them perfaps the boat traffic was just to much !  Tryed fishing them under the school seen some big fish darting threw the school but couldn't get them to bite ! So I took home 6-8 that died and released the other live ones at boat ramp before I pulled out of the water ! 

mudchuck

« Reply #221 on: Jul 03, 2016, 11:53 AM »
 Also, the Park Rangers are monitoring and removing persons fishing from the jetties ;)  Tight Lines~
[/quote]

So it's a long trip for me to fish there, and I'd like to know why the park rangers are removing people from fishing the jetties before I take the trip down.

cornshark

« Reply #222 on: Jul 06, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Not hearing any reports so I will post one. Didn't fish the last week but week prior on two outings in the piscataqua I caught one over forty inches and last Friday one just under. Bait was harder to catch as usual nearing July. Not a plethora of fish in the river but you just have to keep moving till you find some.
Perchus Slaversons

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #223 on: Jul 06, 2016, 07:24 PM »
Not hearing any reports so I will post one. Didn't fish the last week but week prior on two outings in the piscataqua I caught one over forty inches and last Friday one just under. Bait was harder to catch as usual nearing July. Not a plethora of fish in the river but you just have to keep moving till you find some.
Thanks for the report, CS.  :)

cornshark

« Reply #224 on: Jul 24, 2016, 06:50 PM »
Death of this site. Does anyone feel like people have drawn back from posting cause some people throw pics up and greatly exaggerate? Haven't heard any salt reports in awhile. I was fortunate enough to catch a 30lb striper last week. It has been 8 years since I caught one over 30lbs. It was only 42" weighed it on two certified scales. I caught one earlier this year similar in length but was probably around 21-22 lbs.  there weren't a lot of fish where I caught it but there was a few hounding on squid. It always harder deep into summer as feeding habits change catch rates go done but the chance for a trophy are better. I have caught nomwaysnhear the number of 30-36" fish that I normally do cause I just don't think they are there if you look at age classes and harvest rates over the last decade. Tight lines to every one. I would post pics but I don't use photo bucket.
Perchus Slaversons

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.