MFF US Midwest > Michigan
WHAT IS YOUR BATTLE PLAN?!?!?
(1/5) > >>
pastaboy:
What will you be going for in your soft water season? I will be going for gills all season long, the occasional bass excursion, a little perching and maybe some pike along the way. Depends on time of year and weather conditions as to what species. A good season to you all!  :thumbup_smilie:
3300:
like you, i also go for gills mostly.. taste the best and fight is great on a 10 foot fly rod and a 10 ultra light. still can't figure out how they swim side ways the entire time. fishing gills thru ice is not the same at all, but the taste is.
i have a ton of bass/pike gear, but i don't eat them and give them away. bass are so stupid, they will hit any thing. pike can be made mad enough to hit, even when they aren't hungry, but no one i know eats them.

i wrote a post about what i use in http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=62625.0
my 3rd post.

i fish a river and stick to it mostly, because i have been doing it for so long and its peaceful. hardly see any one else on it. you have to know how to get around on it or you get stuck easy.

if any one finds black foam spider flies with green legs, drop a pm for me please. they are hard to find and was told the maker is not making them any more. they were the ones sold in those plastic trays at bait stores along with all the other loose flies/jigs. i can find a 2 pack for 6 bucks, but was used to paying 1$ a pop. i still have about 8 left and i use a drop of super glue to the threads to keep it from falling apart as quick

gotta dig the boat out first tho, thats the first plan of attack
SKIFFLAKEJIMMY:

--- Quote from: 3300 on Apr 03, 2014, 08:11 AM ---like you, i also go for gills mostly.. taste the best and fight is great on 10 foot fly rod and 10 ultra light. still can't figure out how they swim side ways the entire time. fishing gills thru ice is not the same at all, but the taste is.
i have a ton of bass/pike gear, but i don't eat them and give them away. bass are so stupid, they will hit any thing. pike can be made mad enough to hit, even when they aren't hungry, but no one i know eats them.

i wrote a post about what i use in http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=62625.0
3rd post.

i fish a river and stick to it mostly, because i have been doing it for so long and its peaceful. hardly see any one else on it. you have to know how to get around on it or you get stuck easy.

if any one finds black foam spider flies with green legs, drop a pm for me please. they are hard to find and was told the maker is not making them any more. they were the ones sold in those plastic trays at bait stores along with all the other loose flies/jigs. i can find a 2 pack for 6 bucks, but was used to paying 1$ a pop. i still have about 8 left and i use a drop of super glue to the threads to keep it from falling apart as quick

gotta dig the boat out first tho, thats the first plan of attack

--- End quote ---
I will check Knutsons for the spiders in the next day or 2. Waiting for the ice to go so I can chase Crappies, and Gills.
tomturkey:
Mostly gills but I am always on the prowl looking to find the jumbo yellow bellies in our lake.

I need to get with my son and see if we can get into the specks in one of the lakes back home. The last time we fished it he got into a few and I had one break off that he saw before it broke the line. He said it was a heck of a slab.
smeltbuster:
Going to try for open water smelt, next week end. After that, it will be ice out trout, & then Crappies, till the last week in may. After that, big lake trolling tactics on Gull, for bass, pike, & trout.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version