MFF US Midwest > Michigan
WHAT'S YOUR TACTICS FOR SOFT WATER??
(1/1)
pastaboy:
I myself when going for gills, go for those all year mostly, I use crickets on a drift or straight down jiggin'. I have a couple of Buds that are big into bass so when we are on the hunt for those I use my "Banjo Minnow" as seen on TV, yes I said banjo minnow and have found those to work really well in this here neck of the woods and if not I will try plastic frogs or live crawlers on a harness. IF we go for crappie, I do not eat them in the summer but will "Share The Wealth" and clean 'em up and give them to my buddy that LOVES Crappie or as he calls them... Sac-a-lait. That's what they call them down south. I will use a jig with a plastic Mr. Twister and work the weed lines into drop offs. When going for the perch I use minnows working both the sandy or the grassy areas depending on the time of year. I have found those green crawlers can do the trick on the perch too. If, and only if we start having problems with the big pike nailin' and stealin' our big gills as we are catching them I will get out the pike pole and bait it with a wounded gill and go for it! I can't tell you how many times I am out gilling and have almost landed some pike with them hanging onto my gill cause they did not want to give it up to only spit it at the boat. This is how I fish, how about you?
RIVERRAT2:
MOST of the time I fish for pannies,open or hard water
I just LOVE  it
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version