MFF US Midwest > Michigan
DO YOU PACK YOUR TRAILER BEARINGS........
(1/1)
pastaboy:
Every year? I do and glad I do. Last spring I went to pack them for the season and found out one of the seals leaked and the bearing was real close to being cooked! The lake I hit last before parking it for the season the launch was really stirred up and dirty and there was some of that crud in my bearings. Those bearings were probably 15 years old, maybe more so they didn't owe me anything. I was wondering how long the bearings or seals would last and it was the seals first. I would like to think packing them every year gave me all those years of service.
FISHFORPIKE:
Very good practice/maint.  I do mine every year, end of the season for the boat trailer and every fall for the other trailers I have, even with the bearing buddies and grease every month.  Have not lost a bearing yet.  It's not so much the bearing, but the getting stranded on the road that keeps me doing that every year.
DaveSS1:
Depends on the season, but usually try to re-pack them every year.  Longest I have gone is 3 seasons without any problems but I didn't travel much.  I have the bearing-buddy type seals so they are a little harder to remove and have always kept the grease in and water out.  I also make it a habit to visually inspect the rear seals before any road trip and always keep my inside wheel wells clean so that I can detect any major grease splatter out.  A little grease after a repack is normal, but black gunk all over is not!  Also keep a spare buddy assembly/cotter pin in my storage compartment "just in case".
RIVERRAT2:
every year,or I have the wife do it,EVERY YEAR
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
Mac Attack:

--- Quote from: FISHFORPIKE on Apr 04, 2014, 06:28 PM ---................... but the getting stranded on the road that keeps me doing that every year.

--- End quote ---

BINGO!!!!!
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version