FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Who lives here?  (Read 2784 times)

popnfish

Re: Who lives here?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 15, 2014, 10:40 AM »
can't tell from pic the size of mound or hole but some wasps make those too

frozengator

« Reply #16 on: Apr 15, 2014, 10:46 AM »
Ive seen the wasps ones. If a wasp was in one of them I'd hate to see the size of the stinger :o

High Flags

« Reply #17 on: Apr 15, 2014, 08:37 PM »
I got introduced to these in  my front walkway in the rocks a few years ago.. ... they dig up a mess of dirt!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHOTx6ybKRQ

Valparaiso_Girl

« Reply #18 on: Apr 15, 2014, 09:00 PM »
I've seen the wasp kind too.  I'm pretty sure the mounds at Geist Park were not from wasps.  If they are, that place is in major need of a Bug Zapper!

tomturkey

« Reply #19 on: Apr 16, 2014, 06:08 AM »
It took me a while to figure out what all the miniature gopher holes were in my side yards on year. Until I saw one of those huge cicada killer wasps fly into one of the holes

What is really neat is to watch one come to the hole with a cicada like a sikorsky crane helicopter  with the cicada being the cargo pod. Circle few times, land by the hole and then drag the cicada down in the hole. At least they do not seem to be aggressive as I am sure a sting would knock you on your keister.

High Flags

« Reply #20 on: Apr 16, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Thats a good analogy ...LOL  sikorsky helicopter.  :laugh:

They are very hard to get rid of.    If they just would have picked a another spot , not next to the front door.

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Apr 16, 2014, 09:20 PM »
Yep crayfish.  A few years ago I had quite a few on the property. When they harden they are hard on the mower blade. LOL
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.