FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Seneca Lake Salmon and Trout 2014  (Read 21984 times)

JDK

Re: Seneca Lake Salmon and Trout 2014
« Reply #30 on: Jul 08, 2014, 09:26 AM »
You have caught some very impressive fish.

# SAND

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #31 on: Jul 08, 2014, 01:40 PM »
Way to hit em hard Vogel! Pretty impressive stringer fer sure! Gotta agree Seneca's fishery is in a lot better place than Cayuga right now.We managed to get out last Saturday as well.....south end outta the Glen.....east side temps were 2-3 degrees warmer than the west, so thats where we spent most our time.....action was slow especially after the rain started.....but we did manage a couple of bows and I got this real nice brown too!

johnny b likinSeneca

Beautiful Brown Johnny B! Congrats!

Mike

johnny b jiggin

• "drop em down, crank em up, let em hang"
« Reply #32 on: Jul 08, 2014, 07:38 PM »
thanx for that Mike!   :)

but I gotta say - I've never seen Vogel without a nice lookin fish in his hands!!   ;D

johnny b gettinoutagainthisweekend

vogel451

« Reply #33 on: Jul 08, 2014, 08:08 PM »
Thanks Johnny, Seneca has lots of healthy fish and its chucked right full of a variety of bait.  If I do a morning trip I usually catch atleast one nice fish (A silver 5lbs and up).  June is tough in the fingerlakes for me there is to much bait around and its spread out.  I really think the bobber fisherman do better.  But July and August the bait balls up and the fishing gets better.  I'm already satisfied with the season Ive had.  But I have a feeling its only just begun.
-Mclovin out

jager61

« Reply #34 on: Jul 09, 2014, 07:53 PM »
thanx for that Mike!   :)

but I gotta say - I've never seen Vogel without a nice lookin fish in his hands!!   ;D

johnny b gettinoutagainthisweekend

Agreed! He gets my vote for Cayuga Fish Meister!

fishbone

« Reply #35 on: Jul 09, 2014, 08:56 PM »
great fish guys-2 days til i go to seneca---and i dont troll --dont need to---the bite is awesome--in cayuga too---makes no difference at all--both terrific lakes--12 lb browns out of both lakes--and the lakers are soooo easy---i gave up on the adirondacks almost completely now

vogel451

« Reply #36 on: Jul 14, 2014, 06:00 AM »
Little slow for us Sunday, I been staying close to Port on the south end.  Fishing is slowing quite a bit down there.  I hear people fishing Sampson and Geneva Flats are doing quite well.  I only managed two nice Landlocks.  Oh well maybe next time.  Maybe I should have taken Fishbone with me by the sounds of it!  Fishbone, how did you do on your trip to Seneca?  How was the shoreline bite?    Id really like to hear your report.
-Mclovin out

johnny b jiggin

« Reply #37 on: Aug 15, 2014, 03:43 PM »
got out last week and while the action was good at first there was a long lull before we finally got into some more fish....mostly trollin spoons about 60ft down.........not really any water fleas at all......just floating weed mats here and there.....we went 5/6 with an 11 lb laker a 7 lb laker, a 6 1/2 lb brown and nice little tasty rainbow  ::)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #38 on: Aug 15, 2014, 04:16 PM »
YUM...      ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #39 on: Aug 15, 2014, 04:22 PM »

three of my favorites in pic 3 , pic four the glass is empty  ;) very nice fish

jager61

« Reply #40 on: Aug 16, 2014, 02:28 PM »
Great fish Johhny!

MK

vogel451

« Reply #41 on: Aug 18, 2014, 07:23 AM »
Nice job Johnny!  We have been running 10 miles up on the west shore and getting into them pretty good too.  But I hear the south end fall fishing is hot.  I cant wait!

We fished Friday ended up 12 for 14. 11 Lakers and 1 Salmon about 20". One really nice 9-10lb Lake Trout. As usual we lost another big fish. It felt like I set the hook on a Cinder block just couldn't boat him. The bite was hot from 6-7:30am and slowed a bit from there. Flasher/Flies took 80% of our fish. Couple of fish off spoons. 70-100 FOW. Cold water on the west shore today. 40 Degrees down 72'.

Caution - Contains BUTTCRACK! :)
http://youtu.be/wOAn-LrD1Mg
-Mclovin out

johnny b jiggin

« Reply #42 on: Aug 18, 2014, 04:08 PM »
FANTASTIC (except for the buttcrack!!!)......great video.....nice fish......and what an awesome setup you have......  8)

there are some BIG fish in that lake......

lets catch em!

johnny b hittinOtiscotomorrownight

vogel451

« Reply #43 on: Aug 19, 2014, 09:18 AM »
Casting for TigerMuskie?  O.o
-Mclovin out

vogel451

« Reply #44 on: Feb 07, 2015, 06:37 AM »
Spring is coming soon!!!  I cant stop thinking of trolling for Browns and Landlocks.  My work situation has been mediocre at best so I can only hope I can be on the water this year as much as years past.  My plan....  Fish Seneca till June 1st and move boat back to Cayuga for the rest of the year to be close to home so I can enjoy time on the water without all the traveling.  Ill keep ya posted :)
-Mclovin out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.