FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: otisco lake  (Read 5783 times)

fireandice310

otisco lake
« on: Apr 16, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Anyone have any luck yet with bullies? Fished causeway Saturday 930 till 1230am numerius musky spotted but no bullies not even a bite actually thinking of trying again Saturday

big_guy_13021

Re: otisco lake
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2014, 12:44 AM »
It will probably turn on after this cold snap leaves ;D

Prchmike

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2014, 07:12 AM »
It will probably turn on after this cold snap leaves ;D
Warm rains predicted for early next week. That always turns the bullheads on.
fishermen are born honest, but they get over it..

big_guy_13021

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2014, 04:36 PM »
Warm rain and a nice wind bliwing in your face is always a good for a bucket of bullheads also hasnt failed me yet

fireandice310

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2014, 11:41 AM »
the causeway a good place to try or would down by the dam be better? i usually bullhead lake delta i grew up there as a kid but thats a 2 hour drive for me as i moved to marcellus so trying to learn more about otisco did pretty well there ice fishing buddy got a almost 7 pound walleye and landed a 42 inch musky during the summer :thumbup_smilie:

greenhornet73

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2014, 09:16 PM »
Ive done better at the causeway, I think the water warms up faster there on the pond side

BeastFisherman87

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2014, 01:28 PM »
the causeway a good place to try or would down by the dam be better? i usually bullhead lake delta i grew up there as a kid but thats a 2 hour drive for me as i moved to marcellus so trying to learn more about otisco did pretty well there ice fishing buddy got a almost 7 pound walleye and landed a 42 inch musky during the summer :thumbup_smilie:

46 Inch  ;D

fireandice310

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2014, 09:53 PM »

Jakep138

« Reply #8 on: Apr 23, 2014, 12:50 PM »
Heading out tonight after work to try and pick up some gills and maybe a crappie or two . Hopefully will have pics to follow . Anyone been out ?
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

Jakep138

« Reply #9 on: Apr 24, 2014, 07:01 AM »
water is still bitter cold and milky a few bullhead nothing to boast about good luck guys back to Oneida this weekend
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

Fullboatq

« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2014, 10:37 AM »
Fished from the causeway on Good Friday, hoping to catch a Brown. Caught a Tigermuskie on a small stickbait instead. My first Tiger. We didn't get a tape on him since we had him out of the water too long removing the hooks. I estimated him at about 30 inches as I released him and he swam away. The strange thing is that he didn't put up much more of a fight than an average sized walleye would have. Could this be due to the water temp. being so cold? I thought that they would fight hard regardless of the water temp. Had a few bites on crawlers but nothing worth mentioning.

FishinNY

« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2014, 12:49 PM »
Fished from the causeway on Good Friday, hoping to catch a Brown. Caught a Tigermuskie on a small stickbait instead. My first Tiger. We didn't get a tape on him since we had him out of the water too long removing the hooks. I estimated him at about 30 inches as I released him and he swam away. The strange thing is that he didn't put up much more of a fight than an average sized walleye would have. Could this be due to the water temp. being so cold? I thought that they would fight hard regardless of the water temp. Had a few bites on crawlers but nothing worth mentioning.

I've noticed with pike/tigers that the smaller the fish, the harder the fight. All the bigger fish, especially tigers, are like logs. Ice fishing, tigers seem to be dead weight until they see the whole, then they make a run. I guess for me it's been hit or miss. But the smaller fish seem to fight harder and have more energy than the older lazy ones.
I am Muskies Inc.

rnksurfnturf

« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2014, 06:44 PM »
Yes it has to  do with water temp.....catch a bunch of those smalll 30" tigers when the water temp is around 80 and they will  make you look silly!

hinkydo

« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2014, 04:43 AM »
Your inbox is full trying to PM you.

hinkydo

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2014, 08:23 AM »
I've noticed with pike/tigers that the smaller the fish, the harder the fight. All the bigger fish, especially tigers, are like logs. Ice fishing, tigers seem to be dead weight until they see the whole, then they make a run. I guess for me it's been hit or miss. But the smaller fish seem to fight harder and have more energy than the older lazy ones.

say  whattttt?????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.