FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: April Trout Release  (Read 1232 times)

iceon

April Trout Release
« on: Apr 18, 2014, 12:21 AM »
Who all fishes the annual trout release last Saturday in April? I have done this for almost 20 years. Rochester has been where I have spent most of those years. A few times in the Valparaiso , Chesterton area. I tried once to fish Potatoe Creek area got ran out by land owners and DNR on St.Rd.4 I ask why are they released here if we can't fish here. No answer just need to leave. I now live up here in the Tyner area andhave made some friends so thinking I may try it again this year.

Boomer

Re: April Trout Release
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2014, 07:34 AM »
I have been fishing it for a little more than twenty years. Brookville Reservoir tailwaters.  I can remember when it was arm to arm wrestling and you had to get their the night before to get a spot. Not so much anymore. Also, they spread the fish out more now.

I like to use a Panther Martin spinner or live crawlers.

Also, at BTW you never know if/when you may hook a big brown trout or even a nice holdover rainbow. Seen fish over five ponds before.  Check the regs before you go.

Good luck to all.

Valparaiso_Girl

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2014, 07:38 AM »
Well, you shouldn't break your tradition now, after 20 years!  Go get em and Good Luck!  Is this the same thing as The Opener?  For some reason I thought it was later in the season.  I've fished the opening day before and it's fun to see everyone so excited about trout season.  I never really understood it though, and I used to fish for trout in the creeks up there all year round.  This year I'm registered for a tourney that Saturday, so I won't be joining you.

luvndabeers

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2014, 11:28 AM »
Been watching them jump around in the evenings in the creek that runs through my moms back yard.  I always look forward to the saturday opener.

bwalker

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2014, 04:41 PM »
I'll be at Brookville Saturday.  This will be my second year and there was not many people there last year.  Maybe I'll see you there Boomer.

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2014, 09:15 AM »
bwalker - my boy and I are planning on it. Will probably start south of the stone quarry.  We will have a 6 passenger Ford F-150.

Good luck. Hopefully the water will be running a little lower this year. Last year the water was a little high but we did OK.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.