FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PFD's whats your preference.  (Read 769 times)

shark

PFD's whats your preference.
« on: Apr 18, 2014, 06:07 AM »
 Time to replace them , What's everyone using? 

stripernut

Re: PFD's whats your preference.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2014, 06:25 AM »
Most of the time a use the Coast Guard approved inflating fanny pack. I wear it wading in big rivers, on thin ice, in the boat(s) and I have it set up with pliers and tools. Don't mind having it on at all, but you do need to be wearing it to have it count...

LUNDMAN

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2014, 06:44 AM »
I like the suspender type, by the end of the day you forget you even have them on.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2014, 07:31 AM »

I like the suspender type, by the end of the day you forget you even have them on.

X2

Old Timer

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2014, 08:13 AM »
Never thought I`d like the suspender/inflatable ones. After using one I forgot about having it on after just 10 or 15 minutes.   Much better than the vest type that wrap all the way around..

Flukeman

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2014, 08:17 AM »
Never thought I`d like the suspender/inflatable ones. After using one I forgot about having it on after just 10 or 15 minutes.   Much better than the vest type that wrap all the way around..

X2

Mac Attack

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2014, 08:31 AM »
X3

perch-hound

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2014, 08:54 AM »
I like the neoprene style full vest when on questionable ice, I don't trust the inflatables in cold weather because they need temps over 32 degrees to
activate in a timely fashion. At least according to the manufacturers, personally I have never tested it.
Plus the full vest provides some added insulation, and neoprene stays flexible in cold temps.
For boat fishing in reasonable weather I do like the freedom of the inflatables, other than my buds trying to yank the manual rip cord! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.