FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Blood and guts streamer?  (Read 3224 times)

derik

Blood and guts streamer?
« on: Apr 19, 2014, 10:12 PM »
A buddy of mine got to talking to a guy about fishing streamers, and he mentioned the "blood and guts" streamer with a very vague description (mostly pheasant tail, pheasant tips, and crystal flash).  But the conversation was intriguing enough that he felt the need to have me go through all my books and I haven't found the pattern listed (nor one I could find online).  So now I'm curious as to what this fly looks like and would like to tie some up and give them a try up here.  Supposedly the fly originated around Lake Winnipesaukee.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

james

Re: Blood and guts streamer?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2014, 01:12 AM »
This is what pauls bait rigs sells for a "blood & guts" streamer

grayghost2045

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2014, 06:52 AM »
A buddy of mine got to talking to a guy about fishing streamers, and he mentioned the "blood and guts" streamer with a very vague description (mostly pheasant tail, pheasant tips, and crystal flash).  But the conversation was intriguing enough that he felt the need to have me go through all my books and I haven't found the pattern listed (nor one I could find online).  So now I'm curious as to what this fly looks like and would like to tie some up and give them a try up here.  Supposedly the fly originated around Lake Winnipesaukee.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

Paul’s link, the streamer a very good producer.

http://www.rainbowslayer.com/streamers.html

This is my Blood Guts, I tie for my self

Additional streamers

http://home.comcast.net/~gpratte_171/Blog/Streamer%20Fly%20Gallery/Fly.html

fisherhawk55

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2014, 08:53 AM »
Looks like a Mickey Finn jacked up ,nice work by the way I tied some streamers this year my favorite is the wooly bugger olive green with a brass head ,I know it's not streamer but it's my go to fly thanks  for sharing I'll try to tie that pattern up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.