FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2005 Mercury 4s EFI tiller bad plug on Engine Harness Connection  (Read 3449 times)

OVERTHELIMIT

Yesterday morning heading out for fishing turn the key and nothing, was thinking battery so tried backup and still nothing. Turns out the 20 amp main relay/accessories fuse was blown in the fuse holder assembly. Put a new fuse in and again as soon as I turned the key it blew again.

Did a little snooping around today looking for a bad wire or something and found that the #6 receptacle on the Engine Harness Connection that connects with the remote control going to the ignition box is bad. It's completely burned out, I'm guessing this is where the problem is.

Does anybody know which wire would run into the #6 receptacle? I cant find anything in the service manual. I'm thinking purple? Looking for any input and possible fixes. Changing out the engine harness looks like a giant PITA and maybe a little beyond my realm of capabilities.

buffaloice

Have you checked the flux capacitor? Megg it out to make sure youre getting 1.2 Gigawatts. It is Gods way of punishing you because you were attempting to go fishing without me,Bob.....  :'(

If you dont get the answer here, go on iBoats and ask the same question  in their Merc thread. Youll get an answer in no no time... Jay

OVERTHELIMIT

Hey Jay,

Yeah I put a post up on iBoats. Still trying to figure it out. The burned out plug had no wire running to it which is odd.  I think there may be a worn out spot somewhere in the insulation that's rubbing. Haven't had much time, been chasing my little guy around. It ruined a beautiful morning until I got it started manually and went out and put a spankin on the brownies, ho's, and a few bonus lakers. Hopefully get it sorted out. Old man is coming over later in the week to give me a hand. I hate electrical issues.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.