FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bullheads and crappie are on the bite  (Read 2834 times)

JamesK

bullheads and crappie are on the bite
« on: Apr 20, 2014, 09:58 PM »
yesterday and today got about a dozen 12 in crappie and 2 pails of bullheads. Everything is just starting to come in now. A long the St Lawrence river

jjz

• @jzuliniak
Re: bullheads and crappie are on the bite
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2014, 08:19 AM »
Nice Job, bite is still a little slow on the back lakes but they are starting to come in.

yaker

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2014, 06:44 AM »
I was out last night (Crappie) Kingston area...Upper Rock Lake bridge....nothing biting there.  Went over to Sydenham lake east end at the culvert,  few people there didn`t seem to be much action.   Water temp 49 degrees, still a bit cold need to be up around 55.

jjz

• @jzuliniak
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2014, 06:18 PM »
Hey yaker were you on the water or fishing from shore? I hit those two spots a few times a week. Agreed nothing happening on Upr Rock yet which is surprising because it looks soooooo good with all the flooded brush. The Wilmar culvert has gotten a lot better over the last couple days, consistent crappie and bluegill action however it's a gong show there with 5-6 people cramming into the small area by the culvert, crossed lines etc etc. I am taking the boat out for the first time this year so no more dealing with the crowds for me! Well at least until walleye opener.

yaker

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2014, 08:52 AM »
At upper rock I was fishing from the bridge,  looks good but still a bit cold I think.  I was over to Wilmer this am, early 5:30,  first one there, I caught a couple of small ones,  BIW.  Then the bite went off,  and the crowds came so I left and went over to Desert lake culvert but the wind was up,  the water still to fast and high.  It looks like a miserable week again, cold and wet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.