FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: float tube fishing  (Read 1110 times)

jrtbaits

float tube fishing
« on: Apr 21, 2014, 02:51 PM »
I was just wondering if there are any other float tubers out there?? I've been fishing out of one for a few years now and am just looking for some new spots to tube. I float creeks a lot in the summer and I've got a few ponds I hit but was just wondering if anyone knows of and is willing to share any "float tube-able" spots in the buffalo area ... I'd be willing to trade spots if you're willing to share.

Thanks in Advance
                                                                                                                 JRT

big worm

Re: float tube fishing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2014, 06:26 PM »
I wish I were closer to you. I have been going for a few years and mostly hike in and fish for smallies. It's like fishing out of my recliner. Nothing like see one come out of the water and having to look up at it. [s886.photobucket.com/user/stephenswart/media/image_zpsdadbfd3e.jpg.html][/URL]][/img]

Frankie Bags

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2014, 07:13 PM »
I used to float around Case and Harwood lakes in Catt. County. Had a lot of fun catching trout this time of the year. Unfortunately it was a loaner and the owner moved away.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2014, 09:53 AM »
to me it is the best way for me to fish for pond brookies
but that is just me
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

jrtbaits

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2014, 06:11 PM »
I've fished case and hardwood before I do like them but I was looking more for like a bass pond or a river/creek I hadn't thought of ... just found out one of my best spots is now going to be off limits because someone went four-wheeling near it last year and got stuck and ruptured a gas line and then the company that owns the property had to pay for an environmental impact study which cost them a ton of money and now they want anyone back there to be arrested.  >:( >:(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2014, 06:17 PM »
Don't give up on your spot so easily. Contact them and the DEC to see what fishing privileges you might have. It's not too hard to convince most that a fly fisher is no potential threat.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.