MFF US Midwest > Michigan
ANYBODY BEEN OUT??
(1/4) > >>
pastaboy:
I went out Saturday to one of my go to lakes, water was COLD, I do not have thermometer- new investment?, and water was about 2 foot above normal.
This lake is over 500 acres and I think I covered just about ALL of it.
Did not mark a single fish and did not even see any on a visual in the shallows.
Got a good "Shake Down" on the boat and equipment so it was not a total loss for the day.
After this brutal winter I am thinking a little more time with some Sun and warmer temps yet....
Cobra:
Out on one of my primary icefishing lakes yesterday afternoon for a couple hours. Checked the dark bottomed shallows mainly on the North side and the Crappies were active, moving but surprisingly not feeding heavily. 'Gills were just off the edge, active but not overly aggressive. No Perch seen but small Bass seemed to be on a binge. C&R'd a decent mixed bag, more of a recon/work out the bugs first trip. Water on the North shore/dark bottom felt warmer than expected, main lake still chilly, sorry but had small boat and no water temp available. Air temp 76*, some bug hatches, could live with that until November. Saw a couple Loons on the East end, nice trip.
tomturkey:
The pontoon is still tarped. NO real hurry to get it in the lake as I will give the fish a chance to rebuild this year. I spent a few hours last Saturday netting and gaffing winter killed fish out of the water. We had to have taken over 200 lbs of fish to be buried.

It was sad to see the size and number of huge bass, rock bass, gills and jumbo perch that we lost to winter kill this year.
pastaboy:
Thanks for the reports fellas. I think with the cooler temps we are gong to have this week the lakes are going to warm up slowly! I am going to get some "Chores" done this weekend as long as the lakes are stirred up so I can have some more fishin' time this summer! Tight lines.
smeltbuster:
 My son & his friend went 7 for 12, out of St. Joe today.5 coho, 1 brown, & 1, 12lb. king. Most of the fish were on the riggers, in 15'-25' of water, from the pier, to just south of the pump station. Lemon lime Yeck Zippers were hot for him. He said water temps were between 45.6 & 55 degrees . The warmer water was at the pierheads.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version