FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Heading to Sodus Bay for perch this weekend, logistic questions  (Read 4221 times)

Flukeman

Our usual Blake Lake trip was cancelled so I am heading to Sodus for the weekend to perch fish and maybe some crappies if they have those there. The conditions page did not give me much info on water levels or temps and such, any body have a report?

I am staying at a small house out on the point with little parking. My understanding is I can launch my boat next to the "Ballpark" close by and dock my boat at the place I'm staying. Can you park your rig there overnight by the Ballpark launch?

Got to eat while there, anybody have any idea what establishments I may find to dine at  ;D

Thanks guys,

coachwarner

Try "Skippers Landing" on lake bluff road for a good meal. ;)

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

perchgod27

to be my understanding  the perch bite has been bad. most the perch have seemed to have spawned out . i hear this and i also have been and not done very well. . Remember that is only info i have gotten.  good luck if you go

stratos122

i would just go the extra distance and go to Seneca the perch are still biting good there they were last weekend so i don't think much has changed they may have went a little deeper now though. perch fishing on Sodus hasn't been very good for perch lately.

Pequod1

Maybe helping you out a little. Like everyone said, the fishing for perch has been bad. The wind might be a problem for docking overnight. Kind of borderline forcast so watch it closely. I would probably take the boat out every night.  You would also have a better chance of running into some crappies at Port Bay. They are hard to come by at Sodus.

Flukeman

Thanks guys, unfortunately our Black Lake trip was cancelled and this became our fall back plan. so we are in for better or worse. If I figure anything out, I will share with you guys. Great point about trailering the boat at night, I think I will do that.

oatkasut

skippers landing is a great place to eat and drink, lunch and dinner and it even has perch dinners!It is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays however during the winter and spring. Great view or Eagle Island and the bay in North Rose ,NY.Good fishing!

Teddyd1

Any luck out there fluke man??

Flukeman

Here is how I did. We did not catch many, but did get some good ones. I had a great time and won $160 for the biggest perch pot. I also found a great vanilla porter at Captain Jacks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.