FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Bragg'n Rights board  (Read 1779 times)

deggert60

NY Bragg'n Rights board
« on: Apr 24, 2014, 11:28 AM »
Hey I posted this on the general discussion board but it seems to be different for state boards. I noticed that the Maine board has some sort of fishing challenge and im sure others do as well. I liked how they had it set up on ice shanty as you post your fish and length with a tape measure and there was a bragging rights board. I liked it because not only was it neat to see you caught the biggest fish that month of people participating but it had a lot of pictures of good size fish. I feel that that would be a good thread to start or even possibly try out. Didn't look very difficult to manage on ice shanty and I liked how they had the prize of a signature picture to put on your profile. Just a suggestion!
SUNY Oswego Fishing Club Founding Member 2013 (Alumni)

Jakep138

Re: NY Bragg'n Rights board
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2014, 07:19 PM »
I agree love the format of ice shantys bragn tourney very simple not sure if the same moderators are on fish finder to help us out . Picture of live fish on water with printed out tourney card and the fish laying next to a ruler and or scale to determine length/ weight
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2014, 10:27 PM »
Yes, I run the IceSHanty NY bragg'n rights tourney. It's more work than you think.  ;) But, I've been doing it a few years here and there. It's all about having a good base platform to work off of and keeping up with it.

I just don't have the time to run one for the many months of open water seasons there are. Yes it would be awesome to do one and get involved with, but their are lots of people that have way too many openwater honey holes than on the ice.
Plus, it's not really all that good to be laying fish down in the dirt and rocks as to the ice and getting them back in the water. Just my opinion.

This site used to do an open water tourney just like the ice tourney. But again, there is alot of work and alot more involved then you think and alot more time to fish the open water.

If you think that you'd like to run one, find a few others that will help you and send your propossal to the mods and owner of the site.  Good luck my friend.  8)

An open water tourney is way more involved and way more options open to you too.  :wacko:
You can go to the bottom of the site and see the past events that MyFishFinder has held, they are a good time.  :flag: And remember you'll never please everyone and have to put up with the ones that don't like this fish or that one, or having to have water in the background. On the open water you can fish from a boat, canoe, kayak, the lake shore, the river bank, lots to think about, because people don't want you to know where they caught that lunker.  ;)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Jakep138

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2014, 06:26 AM »
You fish n adventures on shanty ? I know it takes a lot of time a lot of fun and love the way you run it on shanty

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2014, 08:22 AM »
You fish n adventures on shanty ? I know it takes a lot of time a lot of fun and love the way you run it on shanty
yes sir, thank you  :afro:
I've not been fish'n since mid-Feb.  :w00t: but been shooting lots of people, play'n paintball just about every other weekend since.  :wacko: :flag: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: but looking to get the new kayak out and getting the bass boat back on the water for May and June fish'n fest on Mondays while most people are work'n.  :rotflol: :flag:
Fish On!
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Jakep138

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2014, 08:31 AM »
Nice ! Heading out in the morning can't wait

deggert60

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2014, 10:14 AM »
Camo_Fish aka Fish Adventures you do a wonderful job over on ice shanty keeping that up to date. I thought the toughest part would be just the base of the forum and getting it started after that its just inputting submissions. I would gladly do it as I sit on a computer all day and look at this forum, fishing articles and anything else to do with fishing so that wouldn't be a problem for me. I understand your thoughts about how it is easier to measure a fish on the ice and about the spots but hey if you don't want to post than because your afraid someone is going to notice a background, than looks like your not participating. If that was me though and I saw a familiar background, than I already knew that was a good spot anyway because of my familiarity. In regards to the different variables, its never going to be perfect with so many different opinions but I think the simplistic style of ice shanty's run board with a few changes for open water would suffice and leave room for improvement for future boards. Like I said I would be willing to put in the time as I spend a significant amount of time killing time on this site every day at work. If anyone would like to assist, two hooks are better than 1!
SUNY Oswego Fishing Club Founding Member 2013 (Alumni)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.