FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Online boat value tools  (Read 2160 times)

hagfan72

Online boat value tools
« on: Apr 24, 2014, 12:57 PM »
Does anyone know of a website that you can research used boat values?  The only one I know of is NADA, and that only gives you retail prices, not what one should pay private party.  Are there enough knowledgeable boat owners HERE that I could tell you the boat/motor combo and you could tell me a fair price?

Mac Attack

Re: Online boat value tools
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2014, 01:00 PM »

fishlessman

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2014, 02:16 PM »
you could also try craigs list and maybe boattrader.com . but boat prices can be all over the place

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2014, 02:51 PM »
Yup!
Prices all over the place.
And something I'm always trying to get into my oldest son's head.....

Just because someone listed something for a specific dollar amount, doesn't mean it will sell for that, or is worth that same dollar amount.

So listing dollar amounts are oftentimes not a true indicator of the value of something.

I can try to sell an apple for $1000
Doesn't mean it's worth $1000........or that I'll ever sell it.

You get the point.

Good luck.

PikeHunterDan

• Aka JiggerDan
« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2014, 10:45 AM »

hagfan72

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2014, 11:22 AM »
See, that's the problem I am having.  People quote NADA retail values for their boats, thinking that they should be able to ask full retail price for a used, private party sale on a boat.  Very discouraging.  If I want to pay retail, I'll go to a dealer where I'll have dealer backing on the boat.  I wish there were a site like KBB.com for boats, where they give you the option of private party OR retail fair prices.

eyedoktr

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2014, 11:35 AM »
See, that's the problem I am having.  People quote NADA retail values for their boats, thinking that they should be able to ask full retail price for a used, private party sale on a boat.  Very discouraging.  If I want to pay retail, I'll go to a dealer where I'll have dealer backing on the boat.  I wish there were a site like KBB.com for boats, where they give you the option of private party OR retail fair prices.

In the past, the NADA value of a used boat is significantly lower than the boat will sell for.

I just checked and it is still that way. I could get almost 40% higher than the listed "high retail" given by NADA.
Pete Lewis

hagfan72

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2014, 12:23 AM »
In the past, the NADA value of a used boat is significantly lower than the boat will sell for.

I just checked and it is still that way. I could get almost 40% higher than the listed "high retail" given by NADA.

How incredibly stupid!!  Who's running the show over there at that website then?  I mean, why have an online resource if it's not going to be accurate?!?! >:(

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2014, 09:06 AM »

I saw the same thing. My boat is valued at less than $1500. I know for a fact I could sell it for double that or fairly close.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.