FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: TICKS,TICKS  (Read 7969 times)

ship of fools

Re: TICKS,TICKS
« Reply #45 on: Jul 31, 2014, 12:24 PM »
The head of medicine at a local hospital is on the tick borne disease committee that i am on in our town.

He said if you notice the rash / catch it early it is just one dose.

It is after you are diagnosed with lyme that you need the 28 day treatment.

The statement about not taking antibiotics if not necessary is 100% correct  ;)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #46 on: Aug 01, 2014, 07:46 PM »
Because the more antibiotics you take, the less effective they are when you really need them...   :(

if  you  go into  any  ER  with a  tick embedded  in  you they  will  give  you  antibotics   reason  is  simple  if  you  have  lymes  or  any   number  of  nastys  ticks  carry  you need  the  antibotics  if  you  don't   it  will  not  built  up   resistance   in   the  ticks or  lymes ,  why  because  the  lymes isn't  there  ..the  issue  with  antibotics  not  working  is  not  you body  building  up  resistance  it's  the  bactiera   building  up the  resistance  .. this  is   caused  alot  by people  not  finishing  the  entire  Rx  .........  you  guys  wanna  play  games  go  ahead  .... i  was  once  bite  by a  bat  health  dept  started me  on the  rabies  shots  within  8  hours  of  being  bit ....3  days  later  the  results  came   back the  bat  was  rabid!  ..... got a  tick  in  my  leg  removed  it  went  to  doctors  he  started  me  on  antibotics  ......as  he  said   why  take  a  chance   on  something that  can  make  you  crippled  or  worse  .... eat  a  slice  of  bread  swallow  the  pill  go  catch  more  fish ....it  ain't  no big  deal if  you  use  your  head
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #47 on: Aug 01, 2014, 09:40 PM »
i  was  once  bite  by a  bat  health  dept  started me  on the  rabies  shots  within  8  hours  of  being  bit ....3  days  later  the  results  came   back the  bat  was  rabid! 

trapper,

When I was 3 yrs. old, we had a little Terrier dog that was bitten by a rabid dog that attacked him in our front yard. My Dad was a long haul trucker and was not home at the time, but my Mom and I were in contact with our dog after the attack although she didn't initially realize that the dog that attacked our dog was rabid. Within a short time our dog began to act stupid and began drooling and frothing so my Mom took him to the  Vet. Our dog tested positive for rabies and was immediately put down and the Vet insisted that we both start the rabies series shots ASAP. Well, that was in 1961 and back then it was a long process of 23 (I believe) shots administered through the stomach once a day. I don't remember it much, but one thing I do remember was when it was all over with, the Doctor that had given me the shots gave me a toy milk truck filled with empty serum bottles because they looked like little milk bottles back then.

WK

Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #48 on: Aug 02, 2014, 05:56 AM »
yup  mine  were  multiable  days  with  shots  i  believe  it  was  1st  day that  was  the  worse  up my  side  last  shot  where i  was  bitten  :(   that was  in my  chest   after that  i had  to  go back,if  i rember  right 5 times   but  those  were  just a  regular  shot  in my  hip .....
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #49 on: Aug 02, 2014, 03:59 PM »
yup  mine  were  multiable  days  with  shots  i  believe  it  was  1st  day that  was  the  worse  up my  side  last  shot  where i  was  bitten  :(   that was  in my  chest   after that  i had  to  go back,if  i rember  right 5 times   but  those  were  just a  regular  shot  in my  hip .....

Yea... I've heard the rabies series shots are much more concentrated than they were years ago so it only requires about a quarter of what was necessary back in the day.

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.