FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: UV protection for boats carpet  (Read 875 times)

Scalloper

• 73 lbs Atlantic Hal june 2009
UV protection for boats carpet
« on: May 14, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Any sugestions on what I could use to help protect the carpet in my Lund fishing boat? I see many great boats every year that would still be in great condition but the carpets have rotted out. Thanks
Its a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Re: UV protection for boats carpet
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 02:59 PM »
I just keep 'em clean and vacuumed... My 07' Nitro sits in the elements from late March to December and they still look great seven years later. I think the biggest thing that kills them is when they stay wet. After a lot of rain I always take it for a quick ride at highway speed to help wind dry the carpets then it gets parked in the sun.

Huck Finn

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 03:58 PM »
It's called a boat cover, keep your boat garaged or covered and dry when not in use and it'll stay looking newer for a lot longer.

I use two 12x24 tarps one on top of the other to keep my Tracker covered when not in use:

It only takes about 10 min. at the end of the day to cover it and bungee the cover down and is worth every minute of it.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day... give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

Ice Dawg

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 09:02 AM »
My Lunds are 2004 and 2006. The carpet in both of them is in great shape. I give them both a vacuuming and a carpet shampooing in spring and vacuum them several times during the summer. They are also tarped between uses. I have custom storage covers for both and a travel cover for one of them.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Scalloper

• 73 lbs Atlantic Hal june 2009
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 01:19 AM »
Thanks. I do have a addition built off the side of my shope that I store my boat under to keep it out of the sun and weather. Just looking to keep the UV damage to a minimal.
Its a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.