FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: question on 55 horse Evinrude  (Read 948 times)

Cook078

question on 55 horse Evinrude
« on: May 17, 2014, 04:37 PM »

Hi, with muffs hooked up water only comes out of holes just above prop, not out of slots just below engine...wondering if thats where its supposed to come out....or maybe thats just with muffs...I believe engine is 1977...also the water that does come out of holes just above prop is warm, it appears to be cooling the engine....I just bought this boat and have not had it in the water yet!
Also I have a new plastic tank from bass pro, but I seem to lose fuel pressure and it is difficult to prime, I was thinking maybe a bad fitting?

Thanks for any help on my new boat,1986 glastron conroy!   :tipup: :tipup:
Mike

cabrolet

Re: question on 55 horse Evinrude
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 07:21 PM »
There are two water intake screens on each side of the lower unit below the cavitation plate.  There are also ports on the outboard where the water will also come out, this is normal.  Above the water Lin on th outboard should be a tattle tale or pisser that lets you know the water pump is working.  The water leaving the outboard will be warm cause it is cooling the  jacketed piston liners.

wirenut45

Re: question on 55 horse Evinrude
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 06:12 AM »
i got into this same situation with my 03 9.9 tohatsu this spring. apparently, i had the muffs just a bit off and pump was sucking wind. put garbage can of water under lower unit, all ok. made sure water level was above intake. also , took l.u. off ,n, checked impeller anyway, all o.k. just my ocd kickin in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.