FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Question about the Terrova w/I Pilot ???  (Read 4673 times)

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
Re: Question about the Terrova w/I Pilot ???
« Reply #15 on: Jun 27, 2014, 12:33 PM »
Is that all you guys are doing is trolling with the plate down? I run wide open to where I fish and wide open back. I would think that would be enough to clean things out after a few hours of trolling. Plus, I only troll with the plate when absolutley nessasary. If there is a drift I drift, if it is dead calm I use the Power Drive and steer with the big motor. Works for me. I guess i can see how a plate could cause problems, but for some it is a good alternative when needed.  8)

FrankM

« Reply #16 on: Jun 27, 2014, 02:02 PM »
The trolling plate worked, but the kicker works so much better.  I also like to drift if the wind will move me fast enough because its the easiest.  If they are biting good and spread out on a nice flat or piled up on a drop off you can fill your box quick just drifting thru there.  But if its calm sometimes I'll troll for miles trying to find them and that's where the kicker works better.  The places I fish and the way I fish I seldom see the walleyes on my depth finder because they are tight to the bottom. I hate messing around with suspended fish because I don't like planer boards, dipsys, jet divers etc.  Maybe with an I-Pilot I could get all that junk set out because I wouldn't have to concentrate so much on driving the boat.  Although I really prefer holding the pole and feeling the walleyes hit. That's why flatlining, bottom bouncing trolling worms or drifting are my favorite methods.
Trolling Plate- OK when that's all I had.
Kicker Motor- much, much better.
Kicker Motor + Terrova with I-Pilot- I'm drooling just thinking about it.
The only way I'm going to get an I-Pilot is I have to appropriate enough funds so my wife get something she covets as much as I covet the I Pilot.  In this economy it's difficult to accumulate funds for toys unfortunately.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

royjulius

• Bluegills and Shorelunch!
« Reply #17 on: Jul 06, 2014, 11:18 AM »
The pedal that you get with the Power Drive is optional, and way different from the Terrova pedal. I love my Terrova. I use the pedal til I get lined up to start fishing, or if I'm just target fishing the bank. It saves the battery in the remote. Once I find fish I use the spot lock and load up the livewells. Terrova's are true game-changers and I can't imagine fishing without one. The pedal has Auto-Pilot and Continuous buttons on it for when you want to troll in a straight line. This also saves the remote battery, as the pedal handles this on its own. Once you start using the remote, it has an lcd prop that spins while you are moving forward, so it's constantly using battery. Be sure to have some 2450 cells stored in your boat for backups. Good luck!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Mac Attack

« Reply #18 on: Jul 06, 2014, 07:04 PM »
The pedal that you get with the Power Drive is optional, and way different from the Terrova pedal. I love my Terrova. I use the pedal til I get lined up to start fishing, or if I'm just target fishing the bank. It saves the battery in the remote. Once I find fish I use the spot lock and load up the livewells. Terrova's are true game-changers and I can't imagine fishing without one. The pedal has Auto-Pilot and Continuous buttons on it for when you want to troll in a straight line. This also saves the remote battery, as the pedal handles this on its own. Once you start using the remote, it has an lcd prop that spins while you are moving forward, so it's constantly using battery. Be sure to have some 2450 cells stored in your boat for backups. Good luck!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Been using the remote exclusively for 2 years and the battery in the remote is still good.
My neighbor is on his 3rd year.  Same thing.

royjulius

« Reply #19 on: Jul 06, 2014, 07:45 PM »

Been using the remote exclusively for 2 years and the battery in the remote is still good.
My neighbor is on his 3rd year.  Same thing.

Power Drive V2 or Terrova? I know the V2 batteries last cuz its a simpler remote. My buddy is still on his first battery 3 seasons later. If its a Terrova then I don't know why mine's a power hog. I'm only on my second season and my 3rd batterry. I go every weekend, maybe that's the difference. How often do you go?  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Mac Attack

« Reply #20 on: Jul 06, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Terrova.
Not every weekend for me.
But when I'm out the remote is on constantly and working the trolling motor.
I don't use the pedal.

My buddy has the Terrova too, but he goes out way more.
Actually, I ride with him a lot.
This is why I'm not using mine as much.
Anyway, he uses his remote constantly too.
Maybe average like 6 hrs out each time.
He's on the 3rd year, but has not used the boat in the past 3 weeks because he had his hip replaced..
Same battery though.
(or batteries)

But this

princecraft

« Reply #21 on: Jul 09, 2014, 06:08 PM »
I was going at least 3 times a week and was turned on the whole time and it didn't suck up the batteries like that.  Have had it for about 6 years and only on my 2nd battery.

royjulius

« Reply #22 on: Jul 17, 2014, 10:20 AM »
I'm starting to think that I may have gotten some old batteries. I don't think lithiums are supposed to weaken with age, but that's all I can come up with. I bought some newer ones, so we'll see. Right now its too hot for me out there so I'll see in a few weeks.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.