FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Planner Board Crappie  (Read 1036 times)

crappie cowboy

Planner Board Crappie
« on: May 26, 2014, 07:25 AM »
 Anyone here use them on crappie?

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
Re: Planner Board Crappie
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Never have for crappie but walleye, wiper, trout and musky always and have had great success. Looking at getting some of the small ones now, have been hearing good things about them

eyedoktr

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:31 PM »
See if you can find an article by Tommy Skarlis. He's a walleye pro that won a national crappie championship last year while pulling boards.

They are a great tool and should be in every troller's arsenal, no matter what species.
Pete Lewis

crappie cowboy

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 11:50 PM »
See if you can find an article by Tommy Skarlis. He's a walleye pro that won a national crappie championship last year while pulling boards.

They are a great tool and should be in every troller's arsenal, no matter what species.

Yea I've read that article, it worked like a charm for him. It's just makes sense to get the bait/jigs away from the boat, that is what they are doing with the long poles, but I think the boards are better.

crappie cowboy

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 11:56 PM »
Never have for crappie but walleye, wiper, trout and musky always and have had great success. Looking at getting some of the small ones now, have been hearing good things about them
[/
quote]

Just to let you know, the off shore minni board doesn't float, and will sink if you slow down to much. It will not go out as far as the regular boards either. I don't know about the church minni boards.
Good Luck...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.