FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Alex Bay / Wellesley  (Read 10441 times)

crl1970

Alex Bay / Wellesley
« on: May 27, 2014, 01:30 PM »
I did some Northern fishing this weekend and got a few slowly jigging jig heads with a minnow in 10 - 15 feet around drop offs. Water will be cold for a while and fish are few and far between.  Last year I had pretty good luck trolling but I think the water needs to get quite a bit warmer for that....

deggert60

Re: Alex Bay / Wellesley
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 01:51 PM »
Agreed. did the same type of fishing in Goose bay and the islands around boldt castle this weekend, only a couple nice bass to show for it. Uncle had success in the mouth of cranberry creek with spinnerbaits. Fishing was slow though probably due to the cold water still. Saw some people tubing and thought they were nuts bec the water still was around 50-60's with the bays being a little warmer.
SUNY Oswego Fishing Club Founding Member 2013 (Alumni)

joefish1

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 05:45 AM »
Black Bass (Lake Ontario and tributaries in Jefferson
County & St. Lawrence River and tributaries)    3rd Saturday in June through Nov 30    12"    5

If you read the rules, NO CATCH AND RELEASE FOR BASS IN JEFFERSON COUNTY.

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 06:16 AM »
dont know if you have ever fished there or not....but its pretty hard to stay away from one or the other.....believe it or not sometimes bass and pike will eat the same things :o ;D

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

deggert60

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 09:33 AM »
Was going for pike not bass. Sorry I broke the rules and a bass hit my shiner, I saw it and I tried to reel in as fast as I could but the bass was pretty hungry ;D....report me to the DEC if you want  ::)

crl1970

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 08:15 PM »
You need to put a bass reflector on them there shiners. lol.  I hope the fishing picks up this weekend on the pike and walleye... ;D

greenhornet73

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 10:12 PM »
Friends of mine were up at A Bay this weekend and slammed the northerns ons ilver Mepps spinners.  Most were between 27" and 32" but had action all day long.  Glad to hear the pike fishing seems to be improving around there.

deggert60

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 09:24 AM »
Yeah, the lures were working a lot better than live bait was.

slabspanker

• i love wood and wood products
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 11:59 AM »
Spent last weekend on the river around The Cape. Had a hell of a time catching fish. Casted and trolled almost everything I had at em... Fished from 0-20 FOW. It is usually great for me this time of year but I was busted this year. Water is the coldest I remember for this time of year @ 50 degrees. Lost our edge. We could see fish on the bottom but they wouldn't eat! Water coldest i can remember this time of year 55-60.

The Fishing Pole

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 02:07 PM »
I've been at LOTI since last week. Water temp here about 65.  A few pike, but smallish  Should be doing better than I am on them. Targeting northerns and crappie, but getting a lot of bass, both largies and smallies.  Crappie not turned on yet either.

crl1970

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 02:22 PM »
It has to be the water temp.  I will be up tomorrow for a go at round 2.  I figure the minnows just off bottom or the mepps will hopefully get them to bite. 

Good luck everyone!!!

joefish1

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 05:37 AM »
Was going for pike not bass. Sorry I broke the rules and a bass hit my shiner, I saw it and I tried to reel in as fast as I could but the bass was pretty hungry ;D....report me to the DEC if you want  ::)
The point that I was trying to make was for the people that ( mostly come from PA ) that come here to fish Bass and then I find dead fish floating all over the LOTI.  Yes I have fished here and also live here full time.

filetandrelease

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 05:47 PM »

unfortunately these fish inhabit some of the same water at the same time and it does happen and through the ice also doesn't mean you are targeting them , and I have been fishing those waters for about 30 yrs , and that is why they give a fishing syllabus out with every license ,I catch bass while walleye fishing , and I wish they[bass] wouldn't hit my jigs , and it happens a lot JMT

crl1970

« Reply #13 on: Jun 03, 2014, 08:11 PM »
Fishing was still a little slow this weekend.  Picked up a few pike in shallow bays around Wellesley with perch colored spoons.  They would not touch the shiners.  Water still in the low 50's.  Anyone having any luck?

MBrown4

« Reply #14 on: Jun 03, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Was at my grandparents house last weekend in fishers landing.fished out by rock island and the light house and that general area.couldnt get any walleye to talk even though when heading back in I saw a female that was probably 10 lbs sitting a few feet above the base on the current side of a big rock that comes up.passed right over her in 20fow and that was at noon!she  spooked when I passed back over her.Always cool seeing fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.