FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where ya going this week?  (Read 26064 times)

danport

Re: Where ya going this week?
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2015, 03:13 PM »
A little apprehensive about the weather, but going to try to brave the rain and fish on the Missouri River near Fred Robinson bridge.

Fishin Friesz

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2015, 10:12 AM »
I would love to get out on the gates this weekend if the weather would cooperate!

Shakedown St.

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Going into the tobacco roots for some mountain lakes. Found my cutthroat lake finally ice free last week. Lake is at 7200'. Might be a soggy weekend but at least I have a tarp and can build a fire.

That's an area I would love to explore.  Live close, but always seem to go other places....

Strippnthedream

• Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2015, 10:52 PM »
I would love to get out on the gates this weekend if the weather would cooperate!

Don't worry about what the weather is doing n just fish. It's spring in Montana. The weather guys r wrong half the time anyways. Don't be a far weather fisherman.
YuppieH8R!

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Fishman Teters

« Reply #94 on: Jun 16, 2015, 06:47 AM »
Well....this is about the time of year I go get super serious about Dailey's. Heading up with a couple friends on Friday night.  2 boats.  A ton of rods. Beer. Camp cookout. And hopefully some slabs of perch!! Who knows....might get lucky and hook up on one of those ridiculous rainbows!
I'm gonna miss her...look at there...I got a bite

Fishman Teters

« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2016, 09:48 AM »
Decided to get this going again...Heading out early AM to the lower Yellowstone. Looking for creek mouths to hit for Channel Cats. Should be fun.

fishindaily

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2016, 11:48 AM »
im eaither goin to neveda creek reservior and fishing the creek below it or willow creek reservior and then work my way up the sun river

TooLucky406

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2016, 08:40 PM »
GTown opener this weekend!

Fishman Teters

« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2016, 07:10 AM »
Just returned from lower Yellowstone adventure. I was supposed to go yesterday (5-21-2016) early in the morning.
But sometimes plans fall through, and sometimes because of it, a better plan comes along...
That said, a friend stopped by yesterday evening hopped up to go catch cats. Being disappointed from earlier, I offered to fill his gas tank and go. (Thankfully the Mrs was ok With that)
We made it to Captain Clark right before 9pm. Surprisingly, there was actually some campers there for a change. After inquiring about the fishing and trading beers, my friend and I headed up stream to the creek...upstream of the creek...across the creek....over the mountains and thru the woods to catfishing hole we'll go (good grief)...until we came to the main creek channel and walked it to it's mouth. Now I've seen the Yellowstone much higher in past seasons, but it's flat out moving this year. It's kind of intimidating when you see the force behind the current and water flows....anyway, since we were late heading out, I brought some frozen sucker with, just in case we needed it. Usually I fish for fresh bait first, but no need this time. The frozen sucker worked like a champ. We layed out 4 rods, on the last bend of the creek before the mouth. One up top, two through the middle, and one at the tail end flat. Within 15 minutes, we switched to one rod apiece. The action was fast and continuous from 9:30 until 1 am. 26 channel cats ranging from 2lbs up to the biggest, caught by my friend, an 11.4 lbs channel!!! I also managed a bonus ling for the second year in a row...It was crazy. Generally most night for me out there is like a total of 8-10 cats. So 26 was something special, at least for me. I personally caught 16.
We got back to the truck about 1:45 am. We both kept 3 cats and despite really wanting the ling, I released it since it was close to 27". I figure the Stone could use a few more mature ling like that to keep the numbers up.
All in all, great outing, especially when I was set on not being able to do anything this weekend.

TooLucky406

« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2016, 07:08 PM »
Now that's one heck of a report!!!...nice job Teters!......

Hit Gtown today n it resemble ice season. 36° n snow on the ground!....fishing got better as the temps got warmer. 20 bows n a nice brookie for today.

BSP

« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2016, 10:54 PM »
Hell yeah Fishman T! Sounds like a great day!

Fishman Teters

« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2016, 06:07 AM »
Looks like TooLucky lucked out too and had a great day, despite the weather!! This spring has totally held true to how unpredictable this state can be weather wise.

Fishman Teters

« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2016, 08:47 AM »
Glad I didn't go when I wanted to. I guess I missed a nasty hail storm and tornado warning. Jeez.

Crest2011

« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2016, 01:51 PM »
Hoping to go to tiber  anyone  know how the fishing has been

Fishman Teters

« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2016, 07:20 PM »
Going to check out some creeks outside of Huntley this weekend. I've been trying to decide if I want to go upstream on Pryor Creek, or go to Razor Creek outside of Shepard. Perhaps I go to Pompeys....that's an idea...I really don't know. Just know that catfish is the agenda.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.