FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where ya going this week?  (Read 26063 times)

Fishman Teters

Re: Where ya going this week?
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2016, 06:37 AM »
We bypassed the unknown, for the tried and true this weekend. Once you have an established honey hole, it's hard to try and find others, especially when you have limited time. And when 5 hours are taken from you just driving, sometimes you make the decision of get those darn fish!!!
That said, Captain Clark is a hotspot this year. Although I didn't have a 26 catfish day, the fishing was still insane!! Not to sure what's up, but the drum were extremely aggressive. Worms, cutbait, minnows...it didn't matter, the thunderpumpers were eating it all. Made for a fun day, as they are possibly the best pound for pound freshwater fighter. Not to mention they get big. Real big. I caught two over 8 pounds and that's just starting to hit their growth cycle.
All 42 drum caught, were successfully released back into the Stone. I wanted to keep a couple to try frying, but everything was over 5 pounds. Just crazy big.
Did manage 6 cats and I believe a Sauger, but could have been saugeye. It was tiny. 12" on a crawler.  Stone cats and bullheads were non-existant.
I'm gonna miss her...look at there...I got a bite

Fishman Teters

« Reply #106 on: Aug 19, 2016, 08:14 AM »
Finally...some cool weather to mellow things out!!! I can't wait to make the drive from Belgrade, out to the lower Yellowstone. I have a sneaking suspicion, that the fishing will be action packed!!! Where you going?

Icefich

« Reply #107 on: Aug 19, 2016, 10:19 AM »
The wife and I are planning on hitting Yellowtail for some smallies next fri if the weather is OK. Good luck FT!

Fishman Teters

« Reply #108 on: Aug 19, 2016, 05:34 PM »
The wife and I are planning on hitting Yellowtail for some smallies next fri if the weather is OK. Good luck FT!
Very nice!! I hope you crush 'em!!! Been so hot this year. We just had to take advantage of this cooling.

Fishman Teters

« Reply #109 on: Aug 23, 2016, 07:40 PM »
Captain Clark once again was the hotspot!!! 4 cats. 6 Smallies. 3 goldeye. 1 carp. And something that broke 14# test like it was nothing!!! And this was in only 2 hours of fishing...in mid day on Saturday. All fish were caught on  night crawlers. After the rains, the water was stained and perfect for worms.

hunterdan1

« Reply #110 on: Aug 23, 2016, 09:19 PM »
We went the weekend before last weekend caught 4 catfish biggest 6 pound 4 carp and three turtles

hunterdan1

« Reply #111 on: Aug 31, 2016, 10:13 PM »
Going to Hell creek this weekend

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.