FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crestline bamboo fly rod  (Read 11655 times)

chris458wm

Crestline bamboo fly rod
« on: Jun 07, 2014, 01:28 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or knows anything about Crestline bamboo fly rods.  It was made in Japan, is a three piece rod, and is in good condition.  I don't have the rod in front of me at the moment and can't give further details on it.  I've searched for them on the internet with no luck and was hoping someone here would know about them, a window of values, and or a direction to point me into to find out more about it.  Thank you for all your help.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Crestline bamboo fly rod
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2014, 06:36 PM »
It's one of the many Japanese made cane rods that appeared on the US market after the war. They were a mass produced rod, usually sold with a wooden box with compartments. In very good condition they would fetch $100 or so depending on the buyer.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

chris458wm

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2014, 11:38 PM »
Thank you for the information, I greatly appreciate it.

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2014, 06:42 AM »
Another factor in its value is its weight, 8wt and 9wts are more common than 3-5 wts, lighter is better...

chris458wm

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2014, 06:30 PM »
Thank you, I'll check and see what weight it is.  I got it at a yard sale and it didn't come with anything.  I guess I didn't do to bad getting it for $20.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.