FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trouble with Lowrance 7 Elite HDI and no support  (Read 2103 times)

Sterling

Trouble with Lowrance 7 Elite HDI and no support
« on: Jun 18, 2014, 10:13 AM »
I bought a Lowrance Elite 7 HDI from Maple Leaf GPS in Canada last summer with the gold card for more detailed Canadian maps. The GPS worked fine and made our trips so much more interesting but right out of the box the unit would fail to display the depth or give us a picture of the bottem, no matter what depth. It worked for about ten minutes and then displayed nothing but noise. Tried different mounts for the sensor, nothing worked. So Maple Leaf asked for the unit back and we sent it to them. that was almost 8 months ago and since then we have had nothing but excuses as to why they won't fix it under warranty or refund the purchase price. I have pretty well given up on this but would like to warn others about my experience. Live and learn, I guess. Stay away from Maple Leaf GPS.

steelie1975

Re: Trouble with Lowrance 7 Elite HDI and no support
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2014, 12:53 PM »
has one year warranty, why not call Lowrance get a RA number and send back to them.
Steelieslayer

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2014, 01:32 PM »
Also try a software update.
I had some minor issues similar to this with my HDS5 Gen2 and solved them with the update.
(There has actually been 3 updates for mine since I bought the unit - I keep my eye out for new ones all the time)
It's pretty easy to do the upgrade.
Download the update from the website and then copy it to a MicroSD card.
Stick the card into the slot on your unit and then power it up and let it do its thing.
Don't shut it off during the upgrade!!!!
It will shut down as part of the install and then restart.
Just let it do its thing.

Here's a link to the software update -

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/Elite-7-HDI/

wile.e.1

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2014, 05:15 PM »
thanks for the link     found 1 for my elite 5 dsi

nite eyes

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2014, 08:47 AM »
That stinks sterling, I have Lowerance unit on all my boats and never had a problem.  If I bought a new unit and it didn't work right, I would demand my money back or a brand new unit.  I may be different than you but I would never give up trying to get my hard earned money back from these thieves!  Press charges, attorney general, whatever I gotta do!
TEAM ICEHOLES

sr1bearcreek

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2014, 07:10 PM »
A friend of mine has the same unit with similar problems tried  everything but nothing would work, did the update and it solved all the problems. Hard to believe after all he went through a simple update would make everything right.

wirenut45

« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2014, 07:37 AM »
i may be confused, but, i think Sterling is saying he sent the unit in to dealer he bought it from 8 mos. ago , and hasn,t got the unit back from them, nor a refund, so he doesn,t have the unit to try an update. stymied here as to what advise to give. sorry

ADK Fishunter

« Reply #7 on: Jul 09, 2014, 05:33 AM »
I would give your credit card company a call and get them to get your money back
Fishing with an Attitude!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.