FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Swimbaits shutout  (Read 5766 times)

dumbba

Re: Swimbaits shutout
« Reply #30 on: Jul 22, 2014, 11:21 AM »
dumbba, you fishing at night at all with your big swimbaits?
I fish right now when I can which happens to be mostly early evening. I am off the water by nightfall which I know is a detriment.
Still I am starting to catch fish. It's been a learning curve using entirely new equipment and baits. Also, like Lavaman noted, they need to be fished slow.
Now I am exclusively fishing swimbaits and have put my spinning gear to rest for a bit. I'm hooked throwing these things now:-)

stripernut

« Reply #31 on: Jul 22, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Well you should come fish the Q some night with me and bring your swimbaits...

dumbba

« Reply #32 on: Jul 22, 2014, 11:35 AM »
Well you should come fish the Q some night with me and bring your swimbaits...
I'd love to. I've read about your Q adventures, I just don't know if I can handle the hikes you take to get to the water:-)
I should get a permit anyway just in case the opportunity arises. I would imagine the swimbaits would be a lot of fun there through the night.
I wonder if there is enough open shoreline to toss these things. It's sort of a side arm delivery with an almost 8 foot rod, I need some open space:-)

Baitbucket

« Reply #33 on: Jul 22, 2014, 11:47 AM »
I fish the Q with a 8.5ft rod and havent had any trouble. You should be fine i would think.

I got some of these guys, they are about 7in long. I may try the next time im at the Q.

dumbba

« Reply #34 on: Jul 22, 2014, 11:52 AM »
I fish the Q with a 8.5ft rod and havent had any trouble. You should be fine i would think.

I got some of these guys, they are about 7in long. I may try the next time im at the Q.

Are those the Sebile Magic Swimmers? I've been having success with a Black Dog Lunker Punker (who hasn't:-) ) and the MS Slammer.
I've been trying to make an early morning trip to Wachusett to try for some smallies but like everything else, haven't found the time.

Baitbucket

« Reply #35 on: Jul 22, 2014, 01:19 PM »
Yah, they are the knock offs. You can buy off ebay for 1/3 of the price. I buy the ones without hooks because i usually replace them anyway.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #36 on: Jul 22, 2014, 01:44 PM »
Good striper baits also Will. Toss them from the Yak.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Baitbucket

« Reply #37 on: Jul 22, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Good striper baits also Will. Toss them from the Yak.

Thats why i got them =)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.