FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Weekend in a cabin  (Read 20570 times)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Weekend in a cabin
« on: Jul 06, 2014, 12:11 PM »
All the kids came to visit for a week, so we went to the mountains for a few days and stayed in a cabin. Orchard Lake Campground is just outside of Saluda, NC. I found this campground last year and just love it. It's up in the Smoky Mountains, yet it's only 2 hours away. I found the campground on the net and it's one of the few in th mountains that has fishing lakes. We had 7 people in this little A-frame cabin, but we had a great time.

The first evening , it started raining right as I was finishing cooking dinner on the grill. The rain proceeded all through the evening, ruining and chance at evening fishing and a fire. We all crowded around the table for a game of pictionary and a fairly early bedtime. An early moring fishing trip produced just a couple fish, but it was a very nice morning. Swimming, boating and volleyball were the flavor of the afternoon. It was a beautiful Carolina day with the typical afternoon shower trying to drown out cooking dinner on the grill.          

We were able to get out dinner, fire and smores in as the rain was just a passing shower. We had a great weekend of fun and games. The fishing was tough, but we all had a great time.

Mike

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: Weekend in a cabin
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2014, 12:27 PM »
Looks like a great time Mike!  Nice pics too, thanks for sharing!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Weekend in a cabin
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2014, 12:48 PM »
Sure looks like fun..  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.