FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Sahola  (Read 4216 times)

chez

Sahola
« on: Jul 09, 2014, 07:54 AM »
Anyone been out to Shahola in the last 2 weeks.Thinking of hitting it saturday.How is the water level?Did the weeds take over yet.?
Thanks for any info.

saphireblue99

Re: Sahola
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2014, 01:33 PM »
HIT SHOHOLA ON WEDNESDAY 12 TILL DARK, 3 GUYS 13 BASS ABOUT 20 PICKEREL, BIGGEST BASS JUST OVER 2 POUNDS, WATER LEVEL IS DOWN ABOUT 8-10 INCHES FROM SPRING BUT STILL HIGHER THAN LAST YEAR AT THIS TIME, SUN WAS BRUTAL, BUT WATER MOSTLY CALM, ABOUT 30% COVERED ON TOP WITH WEEDS, ADD ANOTHER 30-40% OF WEEDS WITHIN A FEW INCHES OF THE SURFACE SO IF YOU HAVE A BOW MOUNT MOTOR ITS GONNA BE TOUGH, ALL ON TOPWATER LURES, FISHING POCKETS, WATER TEMP STILL A SUPRISING 80-82 DEGREES.

saphireblue99

re shahola
« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2016, 10:28 PM »
NEIGHBOR JUST GOT BACK FROM SHAHOLA TODAY, HE SAID THE WATER IS INSANELY LOW, LOWEST HE HAS EVER SEEN, CHOKED WITH WEEDS. CALLED THE DCNR AND THEY SAID THEIR #1 PRIORITY THERE IS WATERFOWL NOT FISHING. WELL MAYBE THEY SHOULD START CHARGING THE WATER FOWL NESTING FEES, AND DON'T COMPLAIN THAT PEOPLE AREN'T BUYING FISHING LICENSES ANYMORE. WRITE THIS PLACE OFF THIS YEAR.

NJAngler

Re: re shahola
« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2016, 09:41 AM »
NEIGHBOR JUST GOT BACK FROM SHAHOLA TODAY, HE SAID THE WATER IS INSANELY LOW, LOWEST HE HAS EVER SEEN, CHOKED WITH WEEDS. CALLED THE DCNR AND THEY SAID THEIR #1 PRIORITY THERE IS WATERFOWL NOT FISHING. WELL MAYBE THEY SHOULD START CHARGING THE WATER FOWL NESTING FEES, AND DON'T COMPLAIN THAT PEOPLE AREN'T BUYING FISHING LICENSES ANYMORE. WRITE THIS PLACE OFF THIS YEAR.

Took day off to hit it. Good news: no boats - not one - first time in 20 years haven't seen any.  Bad news: weeds, weeds and weeds. Might explain no boats.  Mats of weeds cover about 40%. One bass,  two pickerel and maybe 5 other hits in three hrs.  Not much breaking surface either. Seemed pretty dead.  Waste of a good 3 hrs.
A bad day of fishing always beats a good day at work.

CHEZ2

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2017, 12:26 PM »
Another month and those calico and perch should be on fire on Sahola!!!!!!!

HellBender1

« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2017, 02:13 PM »
Thought I would find you here buddy! I love Shahola in the spring. I hope the lake level stays up so I can get my boat in at the 2nd launch.

supervdl

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2017, 10:21 PM »
Another month and those calico and perch should be on fire on Sahola!!!!!!!

What bait are you using for calico and perch? What area/ structure are they hanging out at this time of the year?

CHEZ2

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2017, 05:45 PM »
Gladd your over here Hellbender.
Let me know when we can get out :)

Superdev
I luv bass bugs under a bobber.
Hard to say where.
Gotta find them most years.
Try a Bitsy crank bait.
Troll it behind the boat.
When you hook up anchor and have at it.
Crawler heads work great on the perch too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.