FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any good Charter boats?  (Read 1173 times)

Able2fish

Any good Charter boats?
« on: Jul 14, 2014, 10:37 AM »
Planning a trip to Lake Michigan and was wondering if anybody knows of a good Charter boat captain to call? Either south haven or st Joseph.
Looking for Gillzilla!

boondox

Re: Any good Charter boats?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2014, 03:26 PM »
when are you planing to be up there there is not much going on right now expect ludington area and north it's cold water never warmed up from what i heard. ya most of the time unless you head to st joe or grand haven in the fall cause the water gets  colder closer to the pier heads cause of a flip that happens the cold water goes to the top of the lake.. then you don't have to run as far off shore.  then if you get a half day charter you get more fish. just a tip  unless your after perch or lakers or lake trout  you mite find a laker out on the lake out there... mostly southern lake mich is to warm this time of year the closer you get to the fall the better off you are.. just a suggestion from experience... this is why a lot of captains are booked right now for the time period of the fall.  like after labor day steel head will follow the king salmon in you don't get as many kings down south as you do muskegon north.... but do get a few....    any ways my brother is a chater captain in ludington  to bad you not going up there i could ask around see who is doing good. reason being my brother only run customer threw his work for his boss cause is boss like to wine and dine their customers... but he does know quite a few guys up there if you decided to go up there let me know....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.