FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wentworth ?  (Read 3969 times)

dunphy11

Wentworth ?
« on: Jul 15, 2014, 04:11 AM »
Trying to figure a way to bring the wife out on the water during her vacation and me getting some fishing in.  Anyone know if a pontoon(20 ft) will fit through and under the small bridge on the way into Lake Wentworth from the public launch on Crescent Lake?  I don`t see any other trailerable launches on the lake , just cartop at Albee Beach and Clow State Park. The lake is so beautiful too, I think I could satisfy both of us if I can get in there. Almost selfish  ;D

dunphy11

Re: Wentworth ?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2014, 11:14 AM »
Bump.................anybody think it`s close?  Somebody must have a little idea.   

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2014, 11:40 AM »
Sorry I have never been there. Maybe check with F&G. Not selffish when it comes to fishing.

NH_RED

« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2014, 02:21 PM »
My old man is wondering the same thing. Wants to put his 22 ft toon in there as well. driving by the launch area looks tight. wondering if that will be more of an issue than the bridge height ???

NH_RED

« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2014, 02:24 PM »
Found this on another site..

As you leave Wolfboro on 28/109 look for a VFW or Post 45 building on your left ( building looks mostly like an old white house ) the driveway to the ramp is just beyond the above on the right. It's not well marked if at all and looks mostly like a parking lot, go slowly over the old rr tracks to the ramp area. Most of the parking spaces are for a single vehicle and not a vehicle with a trailer, many boaters park in one spot and disconnect the trailer in another to avoid a ticket ( mainly for out of staters it seems ). The channel to Wentworth is straight out a little to the left from the ramp, it's about 1/4 mile long headway speed only. Pay attention on Wentworth to numerous hazard markers, lots of rocky humps. You can get a good map at the dive shop in Wolfboro. Just left there today after staying for the week at Crecent, lots of nice smallmouth in Wentworth but also some healthy largemouth as well. Good luck. JB

NH_RED

« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Another tidbit. mentions larger boats.

Although smaller boats can be launched either from the boat ramp at the state park or private properties, larger, trailered boats are usually launched at Mast Landing public dock and boat launch on Crescent Lake in the Town of Wolfeboro. These larger boats can then navigate the short Smith River up to Lake Wentworth. Sailing is one of the most popular boating activities, but many enjoy water skiing, tubing, pontooning, canoeing and kayaking.

dunphy11

« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Thanks guys. I just contacted the Lake Wentwort Association with the same question and I did receive a response saying with bimini down it is accessible. I know it will be tight but I`m sure it will be worth it .

jibbs

« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2014, 06:06 AM »
Crescent has great fishing too
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Nitro16

• Born to fish Forced to work
« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2014, 07:46 PM »
So I drove up there today to try cresent and they now have no trailer parking there. So where are others parking. I think its b-s that there is two beautiful lakes there but I can't fish them cause there is no where to park that is a reasonable walk. Was not to happy. Ended up fishing winni but wanted to try something different

dunphy11

« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2014, 06:11 AM »
So I drove up there today to try cresent and they now have no trailer parking there. So where are others parking. I think its b-s that there is two beautiful lakes there but I can't fish them cause there is no where to park that is a reasonable walk. Was not to happy. Ended up fishing winni but wanted to try something different

that's crap. Sounds like they are trying to keep us out. I guess my plans for the upcoming week have changed.

Nitro16

« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2014, 07:10 AM »
I sent a message to fish and game on Facebook, lets see what they say. I think its crap that we pay for these nice ramps and docks but the stupid locals don't want us there.   Two huge lakes no access unless you live there. I asked fish and game what we can do. If I get a response I will let you know

jibbs

« Reply #11 on: Jul 28, 2014, 09:46 AM »
That's too bad to hear..you could always park tbe trailer at back bay and unhook...then drive your vehicle back up to crescent..still to bad to lose parking..Wentworth is great for big fish
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Nitro16

« Reply #12 on: Jul 28, 2014, 12:35 PM »
I have a hard time leaving the trailer somewhere by itself. I heard from local that they will let you park at a church but I'm not sure where it is. Still no response from fish and game. Maybe they can point us in the right direction. Also noticed there is a tournament on cresent this weekend so there must be somewhere to park

dunphy11

« Reply #13 on: Jul 29, 2014, 02:33 PM »
I called Wolfboro PD today and specificly asked about parking. The officer I spoke to said he believed parking for trailered vehicles is allowed in upper parking lot, he then went and checked what the town ordinances were. He read it directly to me that if lines were painted to contain a trailered vehicle it was allowed.
He was not aware of the actual line orientation as other officers were  in charge of parking enforcement.
That was all he was willing to share, so question seems to remain unanswerered.

FishEnticer

« Reply #14 on: Jul 29, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Looks like you sould bring a can of white spray paint just in case.   ;D
There’s just one thing that’s buggin me....I’ve added and subtracted till  I can’t see…With all the equipment that I have found....A fish cost me $50.00 a pound.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.