FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Canadian Pike fishing trip  (Read 2490 times)

fishfighter

• The one that got away is always bigger!
Canadian Pike fishing trip
« on: Jul 15, 2014, 08:06 AM »
I am looking to take my father on a Pike/Walleye fishing trip next year in Quebec or Ontario.  Could anyone offer any advice on where to go?  I haven't been to Canada since I was a kid, but have great memories of the trips we used to take.  It will be sometime after the ice is out.  Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.  I posted this on Iceshanty also.  Thanks FF

Lund one

Re: Canadian Pike fishing trip
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2014, 08:23 AM »
Tamarac is awesome. You fish the Gouinn for both species. I have used them many times. talk to Jean or his wife elaine. The website is easy to find. The name is air tamarac. You will fly from the bakatong reservoir, near manawaki to the fishing grounds.

joes spot

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2014, 11:13 AM »
try berthelot lake lodge  www.lacberthelot.com/[email protected]   i have been there 7 times top notch outfitter. fly in or camp ex fishing at outpost lake camps

lastdollar

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2014, 06:27 PM »
Air Melançon Inc we had the time of our life with this outfitter... no rock left unturned with this outfitter... lots of walleye trout and big pike..... great Time... enjoy airmelancon.com

Brock

piscesman

« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2014, 06:57 PM »
If you haven't fished there in a while you better make sure you have a passport. Wife and I got ours a few years ago. No hassles to date. Good Luck in your quest.......
      Kim :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

O

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2014, 07:48 PM »
I went to Wetetnagami last summer for the 4th time.  Excellent northern and pike fishing!  Nice camps and very remote, lots of bays, islands, a river, etc for places to fish.  You can drive right to it so it is much cheaper than a fly in trip.

www.wetetnagami.com. this is my friend with one of his fish from 3 years ago. 

GenesCamp

• Nature's Fishbowl
« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2014, 02:41 PM »
I can second air melancon.  They run a tight ship, and have lots of lakes / cabins to choose from.  Pricy due to the fly in, but worth it.  We fished Natakim for 2 years.  No monsters, but caught our fill of walleye and plenty of pike. 

fishfighter

• The one that got away is always bigger!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2014, 08:46 AM »
Thanks for all the information, now I just have to make a decision.  FF

Lifeguard

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2014, 08:46 AM »
I say forget Ontario and Quebec.  Come up to Northern Manitoba!!  Any lake up here has great fishing, but if you are looking for a lake where everything that comes out is big, you should try Reed Lake.  There are numerous other lakes close to it with great fishing, but for trophies, Reed is your best bet.  Just get a guide as the lake is a bit of a minefield for rocks and reefs.

http://www.grassriverlodge.com/index.html

https://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/parks/pdf/maps/2012_campground_maps/reed_lake_campground.pdf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.