FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Macs in Belfast area  (Read 1953 times)

Madtroller12

Macs in Belfast area
« on: Jul 19, 2014, 02:48 PM »
Hey guys looking to see if anyone has been catching macs in Searsport, Belfast area, or even down towards the Rockland breakwater, Southwest harbor. Always enjoy going out for a day when they are running good. Any intel will be much appreciated, you can pm me if that works too, thanks.

Ironic

Re: Macs in Belfast area
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2014, 03:24 PM »
Fished out of Searsport last weekend and they weren't around yet.  Going to try again tomorrow just for giggles.  It's different enough from trolling the lakes around here that it's a fun change of pace.  My wife will be with me tomorrow and we always take a break from fishing to explore the shores and visit the seals.  Even the times when we don't catch a single fish (including the last two trips) are fun. 

-Ron

deerhunter

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2014, 06:21 PM »
tried the breakwater last week, nothing.

phatptrck1

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2014, 07:53 AM »
Fished out of Searsport last weekend and they weren't around yet.  Going to try again tomorrow just for giggles.  It's different enough from trolling the lakes around here that it's a fun change of pace.  My wife will be with me tomorrow and we always take a break from fishing to explore the shores and visit the seals.  Even the times when we don't catch a single fish (including the last two trips) are fun. 

-Ron

I agree it's a nice change of pace from the regular freshwater fishing. love the coastal scenery as well. as you said, always a good time even when nothing is caught. fished off rockland breakwater last summer and didn't catch a thing, but got a nice show from three of four porpoises swimming around us, creatures I had never before seen.
Some do, some don't. I might.

Ironic

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2014, 10:21 PM »
We went out this weekend and struck out again.  Left Searsport and got up to Northport.  Lots of fish on the sonar and in schools, but they weren't interested in what we were offering.  Found a new beach, though, and the wife spend a couple of hours finding seaglass while I manned the boat and cooler.  Again, no fish, but a great day.  I'll do it again Saturday with no expectations of catching fish and hope to find one or two stupid ones.

Met up with a boat on his way in who spent eight hours catching four tinkers around Castine.  Also talked with a lady on the pier who caught her first mac of the year on July 19th.  She said that it was the latest that she's ever caught her first in 20+ years.

-Ron

Hoodoo

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2014, 07:01 AM »
They were in Rockland friday afternoon, late coming this year,other years seem around first week of June
Fishing is not a hobby..a hobby is something  you do in your spare time.

Ironic

« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2014, 06:08 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had better news than I have heard.  It seems as though they may not get up to Belfast/Searsport for the second year in a row.

May go out and try one more time this weekend, but the season's getting short.

-Ron

rude the dude

• when can we go again?
« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2014, 04:49 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had better news than I have heard.  It seems as though they may not get up to Belfast/Searsport for the second year in a row.

May go out and try one more time this weekend, but the season's getting short.

-Ron
The macs have moved into the Belfast area thick. The problem is there's so much bait around its making them fussy, try chumming. 8)

kevinmaine3

« Reply #8 on: Aug 07, 2014, 06:51 PM »
They are in brooksville, bucks harbor, stonington..
The last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it....

Ironic

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2014, 04:39 PM »
Trolled from Searsport to Seal Harbor and didn't get a bite.  Anchored in 30 FOW around Belfast on the way back and jigged a bunch using a Sabiki Rig.  They're in there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.