FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Toon Fishing....  (Read 1714 times)

stinkybaits

Toon Fishing....
« on: Jul 21, 2014, 02:57 PM »
This toon will get there faster.... Harris Kayot test model. They  had it out on Lake James last week. They had it up to 60 but it took the length of the lake. It's sitting at Dry Dock Marine. Somebody that lives on the lake saw it being tested put a deposit on the boat. Quite the bargain at only 185k! It was built for salt water. I can't wait to dodge this thing on James. Last thing that chain needs is one more ocean boat....

stinkybaits

Re: Toon Fishing....
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2014, 02:58 PM »
I forgot the pic!

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2014, 04:31 PM »
WOW ! ! !  or should I  say . . . WHY ? ? ?

High Flags

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2014, 08:26 PM »
185K  pocket change...LOL    and I'm happy with 60 hp, this boater needs 600.  I hope this isn't his first boat,(WATCH OUT !!!!) here he comes!!!

Zktaylor

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2014, 01:11 AM »
Overcompensating much?? Some people amaze me, and not in a good way. If I made enough to afford that, I wouldnt be living in IN.

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2014, 06:45 AM »
Overcompensating much?? Some people amaze me, and not in a good way. If I made enough to afford that, I wouldnt be living in IN.
Probably have to go back to Illinois. LOL

rat-l-trap

« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2014, 02:43 PM »
We are putting 300hp. motors on pontoons also..at 30gals of fuel an hour you better have deep pockets lol...52mph..is what we get out of 1 motor...most people dont want them for speed..its the hole shot they're after..pulling skiers and big tubes..gone are the days of lazy pontooning..

drakus

« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2014, 03:01 PM »
A little speed is nice on the toons, but I cruise relax and fish off mine. If I wanted to pull tubes or skiers, I would get a ski boat designed for it, not with a toon.
Not boatless anymore, now to hit all the fishing spots. At least you can always catch a beer bass!

tomturkey

« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2014, 03:19 PM »
We have had one of them hot rod toons show up on our private lake. I have only seen it once and have not figured out which cottage owner owns it. I do not think that the wife has put an association sticker on it. If I find it is a trespassing boat they will be paying a trespassing ticket.

The guy is a blooming idiot with no concern for other boaters. Some day he will find one of the unmarked stumps and blow one of the motors off the transom at the speeds he is running.

drakus

« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2014, 03:29 PM »
We have had one of them hot rod toons show up on our private lake. I have only seen it once and have not figured out which cottage owner owns it. I do not think that the wife has put an association sticker on it. If I find it is a trespassing boat they will be paying a trespassing ticket.

The guy is a blooming idiot with no concern for other boaters. Some day he will find one of the unmarked stumps and blow one of the motors off the transom at the speeds he is running.

LOL... I keep telling my wife and kids I am gonna take my gun with me and put a hole is this punk kids Caravelle that keeps coming with in 50 foot of me while I am fishing. He has no respect for others.

But, last weekend, before I took boat in to have new controls put in, I was talking to the DNR cop (Neighbor of mine as well) on the lake and here the punk comes. He didn't see the DNR cop. He does his spin and leaves, so does my buddy with lights on. The 18yo kid was ticketed for reckless boating, coming to close to an anchored vehicle and a few other things I was told. He got enough points in 1 day that he could lose his license twice.

I am waiting to find out what happened to him.
Not boatless anymore, now to hit all the fishing spots. At least you can always catch a beer bass!

stinkybaits

« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2014, 03:30 PM »
I wouldn't be too concerned with too many of the beasts running about. It's built for salt water not to say a few people won't hop on it. Get more wake from a people plowing through the water that don't understand trim and tilt. They stand up driving just to see over the front of the boat lol.

drakus

« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2014, 03:56 PM »
They stand up driving just to see over the front of the boat lol.

LOL very true!! :rotflol:

DanO2013

« Reply #12 on: Jul 28, 2014, 04:51 PM »
pretty crazy stuff...was not expecting dual 300 hp motors when i opened the post...ill take a ride, but surely will never be able to afford somethin like that

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.