FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone Perching In Michigan Too?  (Read 995 times)

stinkybaits

Anyone Perching In Michigan Too?
« on: Jul 21, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Guy stopped by for lunch today. He gets his 15 limit off loads then goes to Michigan and gets his 30. Three people on the boat limits both places had a pile of fish. I never thought about that possibility was wandering if anyone else was doing the same thing?

MC_angler

Re: Anyone Perching In Michigan Too?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2014, 03:33 PM »
Some people go out of Michigan City, clean the perch, leave in a cooler with a note saying they got them in Indiana, then go launch in New Buffalo. Or just offload in MC and leave them in the cooler, and then go out to Michigan waters from MC

Technically it is legal, but  you want to cover your bases so the CO's don't write you for overbagging.

stinkybaits

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2014, 03:37 PM »
Interesting..... So you could technically do that across the board for all species of fish in the lake? Get 5 steelies in Indiana then off load goto Michigan waters and catch 3 more.

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2014, 06:59 AM »
Than go to Wisconsin and get some more. Looking at the map it appears that New Buffalo is only about a 6 mile run from Michigan City. I thought it would be much farther. Does anyone know the distance to Michigan waters from M.C.?

popnfish

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2014, 07:18 AM »
If I'm using the navionics app correctly, it looks like 4 miles to state line. 8 miles to New Buffalo.

wallin

« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2014, 07:22 AM »
Sounds right, I can see the Nipsco stack from there.
Wallin

dakota

« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2014, 07:31 PM »
Your limit counts for whatever state you launch in. So if you launch in Indiana and fish Michigan waters you can only have 15 fish, and if your fishing Michigan waters you need a Michigan license. If you have a Michigan and Indiana license you can keep 50 per day total  if you launch out of each state.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.