FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ethanol Free Gas near the Capital Region...  (Read 3569 times)

Bassnubie56

Ethanol Free Gas near the Capital Region...
« on: Jul 21, 2014, 06:32 PM »
Blaine's Bay on the Mudhawk, off Dunsbach Ferry Road (road off Rt. 9 in Latham, across from the Lexus dealer, next to the Century House Resturant) has it. Go all of the way to the end of the road. It dead ends into the marina, right on the river. I got some there Thursday. $5.50 a gallon, but, they have it. Cheaper than a carb. job.

Also, there is a small gas station with a sign out that they have it. Don't know the price. Don't know the name of the station. They are located at the intersection of Fishouse Rd. and Rt.29, between Saratoga & Gloversville. The other end of Fishouse Rd. dead ends into the Sac. Res. at the South Shore Rd.

I hope this helps...

Lucky-Eddy

Re: Ethanol Free Gas near the Capital Region...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2014, 07:51 PM »

http://pure-gas.org/

Try this site for ethanol free gas.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2014, 09:27 PM »
we have it here in glenville on route 50 as well. Leaded, 91 octane.

Bassnubie56

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2014, 03:32 PM »
http://pure-gas.org/

Try this site for ethanol free gas.

Nope. That site is inaccurate. I ran a long distance last year to two different places and they no longer had it. This year I called three places on the list. Two of them didn't even know what I was asking for. Was told "no such thing". The third said they hadn't carried it in several years. That's why I posted what I did.  Might I politely suggest,  that before people post info on here, they check it out to make sure it is accurate? Thank you!

Icedauber

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2014, 11:56 AM »
Try this!  All in Capital District. $4.43 @ Rhodes.

http://www.rayenergy.com/page/pitstop-gas-station-locator-19.html

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2014, 06:21 AM »
smoke  you don't have leaded gas anywhere and truth you don't want it!  nice and easy and  fast traks  both have ethanol free prim gas and it's cheaper then at a marina  by far!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Bassnubie56

« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Try this!  All in Capital District. $4.43 @ Rhodes.

http://www.rayenergy.com/page/pitstop-gas-station-locator-19.html

It was the two stations on your list and the other list  (in Albany) that I called and they had no idea what I was talking about!

Bassnubie56

« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2014, 08:38 AM »
smoke  you don't have leaded gas anywhere and truth you don't want it!  nice and easy and  fast traks  both have ethanol free prim gas and it's cheaper then at a marina  by far!

No such stations in my area. Thats why I posted the only source in my area.

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2014, 08:33 PM »
smoke  you don't have leaded gas anywhere and truth you don't want it!  nice and easy and  fast traks  both have ethanol free prim gas and it's cheaper then at a marina  by far!

yes we do. Sunoco om route 50 in glenville had E85 and just recently in spring changed the pumps over to 91 leaded. They no longer have E85...which is a bummer cause its down the road from my house and I run it in my truck. I can even take a picture of the pump and post it...

trapper2000

« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2014, 08:53 AM »
leaded  gas  for  street  driven  cars  has  been illegal  in this  country  since jan 1  1996  so i  highly  doubt a  gas  station is  selling it  !  second  unless  you like  doing  valve  jobs  i  don't  know  why you would  want leaded  gas ?  i  don't know  whats  in your  area  or  what you  consider  your area   but i know   as  far as  i seen  nice and  easys  are  at least a  dollar a  gallon  cheaper  then  buying  non ethanol  at a  marina,it  might  be  worth  driving  20 miles  to  fill up  and  bring  some  extra  cans  with you  ....   

Icedauber

« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2014, 06:25 PM »
Went up to Broadalbin Launch on the Great Sacandaga Lake yesterday.  Fasttrack on rt 30 in the city had big sign. 91 octane non-ethanol. Guess I will just keep filling up at the places that don't have it.  ;D ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2014, 06:40 PM »
Went up to Broadalbin Launch on the Great Sacandaga Lake yesterday.  Fasttrack on rt 30 in the city had big sign. 91 octane non-ethanol. Guess I will just keep filling up at the places that don't have it.  ;D ;D

i think  all  fast tracks  in the  state  carry  ethanol  free  don't they?

rondog

« Reply #13 on: Jul 26, 2014, 07:19 AM »
When I bought my first E-Tec I ran only Ethanol free  gas through it ,I ran it for 4 years with no problems.When I traded it in last summer for a new E-Tec I mentioned it to the dealer and was told that it was not necessary to run Ethanol free gas through them that they were designed to run on gas with Ethanol and I was just wasting my money.I've used  gas with ethanol  ( I do add stabilizer with every fill up ) on the new motor for about a year and have seen ABSOLUTELY no difference.My question is, on newer motors that were designed to run on gas with ethanol Other than storage issues where no stabilizer is added what problems have you seen ??

trapper2000

« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2014, 11:41 AM »
When I bought my first E-Tec I ran only Ethanol free  gas through it ,I ran it for 4 years with no problems.When I traded it in last summer for a new E-Tec I mentioned it to the dealer and was told that it was not necessary to run Ethanol free gas through them that they were designed to run on gas with Ethanol and I was just wasting my money.I've used  gas with ethanol  ( I do add stabilizer with every fill up ) on the new motor for about a year and have seen ABSOLUTELY no difference.My question is, on newer motors that were designed to run on gas with ethanol Other than storage issues where no stabilizer is added what problems have you seen ??

i have seen water build up in float bowls and gas tanks , gummed carbs  ...and seals swell in carbs  if you go to fasttrack or better yet nice and easy the non ethanol cost no more then 91  anywhere else ..... motors can be designed to run on ethanol in the gas i'm not sure if fuel ststems can be designed to not gum up from it ............. not sure rondog  go with what you think is best ...when i  bought my new  mercury  3.5  i was  told  try to run  non  ethanol   and  run the  carb  empty  every time ....warrenty doesn't cover rebuilding gummed up fuel systems

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.